Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 28th, 2013 19:00

Missing driver / Error Code 28 on Dell latitude e6410

Dear Friends:

In device manager of my Dell E6410 \ Others \Unknown device ; Windoe cannot auto update and I cannot find any driver for this one because I do not have idea  what's it!. I only found it ID is ACPI\SMO8800.

Please, help.

Thank you

TLe

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 28th, 2013 19:00

Hi TLe,

The hardware ID you have specified is related to ‘ST Microelectronics Free Fall Sensor’ which is a hard drive program. Please use the link below to download and install the program on your system.

http://dell.to/1bRBLvP

Please let me know if this helps.

45 Posts

September 29th, 2013 07:00

Thank you so much. It clears the unknown device on Device Manager list; but I've wondered where has it hidden?

The first file STMicroelectronics_FreeFal_A10_R309372.exe HELP as state above.

However the 2nd file DRVR_WIN_R309372.exe When I installed a popup windows asked me "Do you want to delete all files in this application?". I was so scare and clicked NO and it finished the installation. I've just wondered that did I do right or wrong_ (should I click YES or NO?).

If you have time, please advise.

Thanks

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 1st, 2013 05:00

Hi TLe,

So far it went right. I would suggest you to perform the Windows update on the system and let me know if you have any other concerns.

45 Posts

October 18th, 2013 12:00

Dear Ravi Chandra BC and all Dell Support Experts:

Thank you all; who have helped me solves many problems that I had to deal with in the past.

May God bless You All.

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

T. Le

No Events found!