Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

October 30th, 2017 15:00

Mouse isn't working

My Dell Inspiron 3 won't connect to a either mouses that work on my other laptop.,

The touch pad works fine.  When I install the nub into the port the system shows that it's making /accepting the connection but the mouse won't move the cursor.

As I said I've tried the same mouses on another laptop and they work fine, so the problem is with the Dell no making a connection properly.

Thanks.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 31st, 2017 08:00

tomtor,

Can you provide the exact model number of your computer as well the the OS installed and the type of mouse you are trying to get working?

Try reinstalling the chipset drivers in the computer, reboot to try the mouse again. Click the link below to choose your system model and os installed to download the drivers.

Support.dell.com

3 Posts

November 7th, 2017 14:00

I tried reinstalling the chipset drivers and got a message saying the optimum ones were already installed and are working.

The laptop is a Dell Insprion 13 7000 Series.  Windows 10.  

The mouse that had previously been working is a Logitech.  I tried and HP mouse that works on my old Dell desk top and another DPI that works on my other laptop.

3 Posts

November 7th, 2017 14:00

I tired reinstalling the chipset drivers and got a message saying the optimum ones were already installed and are working.

The laptop is a Dell Inspirion 13 7000 Series.  Windows 10.

The mouse that had previously been working is a Logitech.  I tried an HP mouse that works on my old Dell desk top and another that works on my other laptop, but no success.

No Events found!