Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2017 09:00

My DELL INSPIRON N5110 Windows 10 64 Bit having Crackling Sound Problem on Both Speakers and Headphones

My DELL INSPIRON N5110 Windows 10 64 Bit having Crackling Sound Problem on Both Speakers and Headphone. I have already tried twice to format window, uninstall sound drivers and only keeping High Definition Audio native driver only but the problem is not getting rectified. I shown my Laptop to a Mechanic also and he said speakers are ok. So the problem is with Software but yet I am not sure about where is this problem in Software or Hardware? I have also done diagnostic test but everything fine in Test. Please help me with this problem, I am unable to listen music and watch movies. Your Help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

9.4K Posts

July 12th, 2017 06:00

Hi shaileshukla777,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately the N5110 does not support Windows 10, so the audio drivers are not available from Dell.  http://dell.to/2vc8ecd

Supported Operating Systems
Your Inspiron 15R N5110 supports these operating systems:
Windows 8, 64-bit
BIOS
Windows 7, 64-bit
Note regarding operating systems not listed above:
Dell may not support an operating system for various reasons, including discontinued support from the software vendor or lack of availability with certain products.

For more information about an unsupported platform or operating system, please contact the software vendor.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 13th, 2017 05:00

DELL INSPIRON N5110 Windows 10 64 Bit

Hello. As Robert P said, that model is not supported by Dell with drivers for Windows 10. The audio hardware manufacturer (IDT) went out of the consumer audio business before Win10 came out.

I am not sure about where is this problem in Software or Hardware? I

Installing Win10 on older models often causes audio issues. You can try to resolve the issue by installing the IDT audio driver for Windows 7,  using compatibility mode:

1. Download and save the IDT 6.10.0.6365 audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive. 
2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.
3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates.
4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.
5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).
6. Find the "setup.exe" file.
7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.
8. Select the Properties.
9. Select the Compatibility tab.
10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win7.

If installing the IDT driver does not help, you could revert the laptop back to the operating system in which the audio did work, unless there is a compelling reason to have the Win10 operating system.

No Events found!