Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2014 10:00

My Inspiron 15 5547 wont turn on?

I just got this laptop about a month ago, and now it wont turn on. I am still under warranty but is there anything i can do to fix it now?

June 26th, 2014 16:00

I just got the same model from Dell and only got to use it on the charge it came with from the factory and will not charge or even run off the ac adapter,

July 16th, 2014 07:00

We purchased 32 of these units for my company last month; already we have 5 of them that are having the same issue with not powering up. Anyone with a solution?

1 Message

August 22nd, 2014 17:00

Got ours a few days ago. After only 2 days running this happened to our also.  This issue looks like a very common thing with new machines from Dell.  What is happening to the quality control?

1 Message

September 23rd, 2014 12:00

I had the same issue with my Dell Inspiron 15 5547. I resolved the error by pulling the back cover off (2 screws with a phillips head) and then re-seating the battery (4 screws with a phillips head). The batterys is big and obvious; it's evel labeled "Battery". Best I can guess, the battery slipped off of it's connection a bit and was shorting the PC from starting.

1 Message

September 25th, 2014 02:00

Hey, thanks for the solution - I will give it a try.

Did this work for you okay?

Thank you!

1 Message

September 26th, 2014 11:00

Thanks for the suggestion.  Opened the case, reseated the battery and was able to power on once again.  Seems odd that the connection can go wrong with 4 screws holding the battery [seemingly] in place.

1 Message

November 9th, 2015 20:00

I had the same issue. Removed and reset the battery and it helped for about 3 weeks. Ended up sending it to Dell for repair. They replaced the motherboard. Thank goodness it was still under warranty.

No Events found!