Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 15th, 2013 15:00

My Inspiron is POSSESSED

For the last couple of weeks my laptop (Dell Inspiron N5010) has been on certain occasions just randomly pressed the same key one after the other non stop. Sometimes it's the plus sign key, sometimes it's the spacebar, sometimes it's the comma etc. I get it to stop by shutting my computer down. Recently (April 15th 2013) my computer has been doing different things it started out with the comma key spazzing out so I did what I always did and shut down my computer. When everything loaded I tried to re position a window (when you hover your cursor over the top of the window hold down the left click and drag it around) but for some reason the window only wanted to go to the right, like it had a mind of it's own (hence the POSSESSED part). I would try to drag it someplace else but the right is where it wanted to go. So I managed to shut down my laptop again hoping it would work. When it reopened it had stopped but now whatever I tried to right click nothing would open. I tried to open the Start button in the bottom left corner and it would open for less than a millisecond then close. I truely don't know what to make of it. Any suggestions would be great.

- Me

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

April 15th, 2013 16:00

Boot in safe mode -- F8 before Windows loads.  Does the same thing happen?

No Events found!