Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2010 12:00

My dell inspiron 1525 integrated camera has stopped working?

My warranty has no run out so dell can't actually help me. I wondered if anyone had a similar problem and what they did? Whenever I try to use the camera the blue light comes on as if to say that it is working but the picture is just black. When I click to take a picture regardless a box pops up that says "Unable to capture a photo. Please reconnect your camera and try again". But if the camera is integrated how can disconnect it? Have tried reinstalling drivers and even the webcam manager itself but it has not helped. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you. x

3 Posts

January 8th, 2011 08:00

Did you ever resolve your issue?  I am having the same exact problem with my webcam on my Inspiron 1525, and can't seem to fix it. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!

3 Posts

January 8th, 2011 09:00

Did you ever resolve your issue?  I am having the same exact problem with my webcam on my Inspiron 1525, and can't seem to fix it. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!

2 Posts

January 11th, 2011 09:00

No sorry!! Its still not fixed. I've had this problem for over a year now! I'd had it even before I posted on here and googled a lot. Nothing worked. Its still broken. but if you manage to find anything that works please tell me! Thanks. 

12 Posts

March 30th, 2013 10:00

Years later, no solutions for this problem.

I like the laptop. I liked Dell (past tense?) ... but this is not acceptable.

12 Posts

March 30th, 2013 13:00

Rick - Nothing changed. Last use: about 10 days ago with Google Plus Hangout.

I just did Recovery, rolling back about 3 weeks. Nothing improved.

I re-installed R166187 and R230103, and ran Setup for Webcam Manager. Then rebooted.

No compatible camera detected.

No "Imaging Devices" entry in Device Manager.

http://www.bentrem.sycks.net/images/Devices-1.jpg

Checking Vista's "Problems" function, I found this: "Your webcam has stopped working properly because a compatible driver isn't available for this version of Windows. The model name of your webcam is Veo PC Camera."

Is that the camera built into the 1525? I suspect not. Something has gone wrong somewhere.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

bentrem,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

bentrem,

Did you try the Creative Labs Laptop Integrated Webcam, v.R2RC1, A04 drivers?

Look in the Dell Inspiron 1525 service guide on page 19, it tells you how to open the bezel on the screen. Unplug the webcam, then plug it back in.

Rick

12 Posts

March 30th, 2013 14:00

My issue has been resolved.

I got fed up with slow running and launched Process Manager and started viciously closing process after process. I slipped up and killed something that was critical ... Blue Window ... restart normally ...

... blue LED flickered on boot.

Camera's running just fine.

The problem? Microsoft OS.

thanks for the attention fellows. I appreciate that what you're doing is hard. I do easy stuff like avionics. wouldn't swap with you ever!

best / cheers

--ben

12 Posts

p.s. Device Manager now has an "Imaging devices" entry, as it should. M$ OS is junk.

http://bentrem.sycks.net/images/Devices-3.jpg

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

thanks for the attention fellows. I appreciate that what you're doing is hard. I do easy stuff like avionics. wouldn't swap with you ever!

Haha! :emotion-15:

Happy Easter, Ben and you too Rick

12 Posts

March 30th, 2013 15:00

Thanks to both of you.

Really ... sort of like co-programming ... helps to have another walking through the process.

^5

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 31st, 2013 10:00

Ben,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Ben and Jim have a Happy Easter.

Take care,

Rick

2 Posts

July 11th, 2016 08:00

Hi, I still have the now ancient Inspiron 1525 and running Vista 32-bit. I am fairly certain that when I got this laptop, the in0built camera was working. Didnt find much use of it until recently when I felt a need and noticed on the lid that the system did seem to come with a camera.

But for the *** of me, the OS has not detected it, nor has the Dell Diagnostics and Drivers utility disk. So I am beginning to wonder whether there is an in-built camera.

I went to the Support site and was trying to update my drivers. It first asked me to install the DellSystemDetectLauncher which I did. But nothing happens when I run the Exe. I tried this several times over. I even ran the program as an Administrator by right clicking on the file and choosing "Run as Administrator" even though my login has Administrator privileges. So without detecting it, it does not tell me which drivers need update.

In the meantime, on some other forum question, there was a reference to installing the Dell Webcam software but even that did not do the trick. I assumed it would have the driver as part of the software.

Of course, sometime last year I had formatted my system and rejigged the entire installation process as meticulously as I could.

And as reported by the other here in this thread, I do not see any Imaging device in teh  Device Manager either. I am wondering if I should just go ahead and try re-installing all the drivers in the order suggested above in one of the links or is there an easier method to this madness first.

Looking forward eagerly to a response.

Shirish

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 12th, 2016 07:00

Inspiron 1525 and running Vista 32-bit

I am beginning to wonder whether there is an in-built camera.

Hello Shirish. The camera was an optional purchase on that model. If you still have the invoice that came with the computer, check it and see whether or not you ordered the camera at the time of purchase.

I

sometime last year I had formatted my system

If you did not already do so, install the Vista Service Pack 2. Then, install these, in this order, with restarts after each one, if you did not do it last year.

> Dell Notebook System Software for Vista 32 bit. There are 2 download "formats" on the page: one called Update Package for Windows, and the other called Hard Drive. Install the one for Hard Drive.

> Intel Mobile chipset software.

Those two pieces of software are normally the first things to install after installing Windows. They help Windows identify the hardware in the laptop.

Next install the Creative Labs Integrated Webcam software. I think that is the webcam driver.

Then install the Creative Labs Webcam Manager, which is the camera app.

After the installations, look again for the  Imaging Devices category in the Device Manager.

2 Posts

July 14th, 2016 12:00

Thank you Jim. You are right. After I wrote this on the forum, I discovered on the My Dell page through my service Tag that mine was a model without the camera. The lens staring at me every time I open the screen makes me wonder each time though whether the camera is just a driver installation away. :-)

Guess I can skip the web cam related installation from your order of things.

I shall install the above in the order you suggested (except the webcam now) after I have backed-up my system. that is taking time since I am still sorting my stuff.

But thank you for the detailed write-up. Appreciate it. May be the installation will also solve the problem of the DellSystemDetectLauncher.exe not running.

No Events found!