This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2016 12:00

My laptop shutdown by itself

hey everyone

pleeeeease help me

okay , 2 weeks ago i bought a dell laptop from someone

the first werk everything is okay

the second one i was using this laptop and it shutdown by itself

I tried to open it again but nothing happen third try it open and. After windows logo a green screen came out with a strange voice and the it shutdown again i tried to open it one more time , it actually opened , 10 minutes later it shutdown again i let it go . the next day i open it and everything was fine , the next 4 days also

Everything is ok but today it did it again i tried to open it a lot of times but sometimes i get a pink screen and then it shutdown sometimes a green one and mostly when i press the power button it wont turn on at all

these are my laptop specifications:

intel i3

4 gb ram

Hd Intel graphics

I really need help

i don't have money to fix it

i hope that someone could help me

2K Posts

March 27th, 2016 13:00

Hi HABHIBO,

What is the exact system model? Does the system turn now or does it not power on at all?

Is the system overheating? Are / were there any bluescreens / system crashes? If yes, kindly provide the event logs if possible or the errors if you have made a note of it.

If the system does not power on at all, then check if the adapter led is on and stable all the time? Check if the adapter led stays on or goes off when it is connected to the system? When you press the power button, does the system come on for a second or two? Do you hear any beeps when you turn on the system?

In case of still no power, then remove and reseat the memory modules - enter the service tag - http://dell.to/1n3X2po and download the service manual on how to remove the memory modules on the machine.

If the system powers on and turns off automatically after a few min, then update the BIOS - from the above link - enter the service tag and select drivers and downloads and select BIOS.

After the BIOS update, check the system functionality. If the system still turns off, then restart the system and press f2 key during startup to enter BIOS and leave the system in BIOS for as long as possible and see if the system turns off while in BIOS environment.

Also, restart the system and press f12 on startup and choose diagnostics. If you encounter any errors, make a note of the same and report it to us.

If the issue is still not resolved, then I would suspect hardware failure. Based on your response, we could isolate the source of the issue.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!