Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2012 15:00

My mouse/touchpad is not working properly while charging

Hi, I have a strange problem with my inspiron Inspiron 15 (N5050). When I plugged in the AC charger, the touchpad / mouse does not work properly. Sometimes it moves and sometimes not eventhough I have moved and touched the touchpad. When I disconnect the AC charger, the touchpad works perfectly fine. 

Can anyone give me advise on this? thanks in advance

4.4K Posts

December 14th, 2012 20:00

Hi suneel_zee.

Welcome to the Community,

Have you tried different power outlets? Does this happen in different locations(even outside you house/work)?

I would suggest you to release flea power.To release flea power disconnect AC adapter,remove battery,disconnect all external peripherals(USB devices),press and hold power button for 30 seconds.

Reconnect the battery and AC adapter.Check how touchpad responds with AC Adapter connected.

If the issue persists try a different AC adapter(may be borrow from some one who uses same watt Dell AC adapter).

Let me know how it goes.

Thank You

2 Posts

December 19th, 2012 09:00

Hi Roshan

Thanks for your reply.

As per your suggestion I had release flea power.  The problem is the touch pad not working properly while charging, curser jumping, very zic zac movement.

4.4K Posts

December 19th, 2012 21:00

Hi suneel_zee,

Please answer the following questions:

1>Have you tried different power outlets?

2>Does this happen in different locations(even outside you house/work)?

3>Did you try a different AC adapter?

If the issue persists while using the system in different locations and also while using a different AC adapter then update the BIOS and reinstall the Touchpad driver.

Use this link below to download and update the BIOS:

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15-intel-n5050

Note:While updating BIOS the AC adapter should be plugged in,battery should be adequately charged(more than 15%) and all external peripherals (USB devices)should be disconnected from the system.

If updating BIOS does not fix the issue,uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver:

To uninstall go to Device Manager(Control Panel,System,Hardware),expand Mouse and pointing device,right click on the Touchpad,click Uninstall,put check mark for delete driver software,click OK.

Reboot system,download and reinstall driver from this link below :

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15-intel-n5050

Let me know how it goes.

Thank You

1 Message

August 7th, 2013 22:00

i also have the similar problem with my dell inspiron i3

1 Message

October 20th, 2013 06:00

i also have the similar problem with my dell inspiron i3

1 Message

January 2nd, 2014 18:00

i have that problem to with my inspiron n7110

1 Message

July 25th, 2014 05:00

hi i have a problem with my touch pad give me solution after plugin cursor jumps and struct 

October 12th, 2015 08:00

I also had the same problem but i think its the laptop because I can heard noises from it

1 Message

January 25th, 2016 01:00

i heard noise from the charger when i charge the noise come and BOOM cant use mouse or touch pad

1 Message

March 3rd, 2016 17:00

I have this exact problem.  The touchpad is responding but so poorly it can't be used, and does not respond to taps at all.

This happens only when the charger is plugged in.

I have a Dell e6410.

1 Message

August 19th, 2016 11:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 series i3.  I have the same Problem of mouse having zig zig movement while charging. It works perfectly fine when not charging

1 Message

January 7th, 2017 17:00

I have the same exact problem with my Inspiron 15z 5523.

The touchpad often goes crazy while charging.

June 2nd, 2017 08:00

The issue is the charger. You will need an OEM Dell charger,. It will need to be the right voltage and wattage. You can find on Ebay for $10-$20. This issue occurs with generic dell adapter.

1 Message

August 22nd, 2017 11:00

I work at a local computer shop, and i noticed this problem started to occur after i installed an optional dell touchpad driver. I'm still unsure how to fix this problem as i came to this fourm looking for answers, but i can assure you i have isolated the problem to a driver on Dells end. To the responses saying it is your charger, disregard them.

November 15th, 2017 02:00

I can also confirm this is NOT a charger issue, because I get the same symptoms when plugging in an auxillary audio connection (to the stereo).

I'm guessing that whenever you have some power noise coming into the notebook, whether through audio jack or power jack then it's causing a malfunction of the mouse pad. Maybe the power noise is causing the mouse pad to register a "palm touch" or something like that. It's extremely annoying.

No Events found!