Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

August 7th, 2017 11:00

My warranty begins next year

Hello, I am not sure of what's going on. I was going to contact Dell Tech Support but the page said I was out of warranty. I was confused because I bought my laptop back in March. I know I bought it when it was 1099$ (and I bought it before Dell has corrected the typo in the flyer, that GTX1060 6GB was too good to be true) and it came with a free 1 year in-home warranty. But now that I look on my product support page, I see that my warranty is due to begin next year, March 12. Weird, I thought warranties were supposed to begin with your purchase.

What I think happened is that at checkout, I bought a 2-year warranty extension, also in-home. So someone corrected that recently and revoked the initial warranty. This is fairly, hum, unfair. I'd like to know if somebody at Dell could reactivate my warranty please?

Device: Inspiron 15 7567

Service tag: 7WWLY2F

Also, this was the question I was going to ask: I cleaned the lid of the laptop (where's the Dell logo) with a soft cloth (the kind you use for screens) and parts of the lid came off. I was cleaning it very gently and the device is always being carried in a padded suitcase for 15.6'' laptops. Is this covered by my warranty?

Finally I also wanted to know: Is the M.2 SSD slot PCIe capable? I know some i5-7567 are sold with an NVMe SSD so I'd like to know if I can upgrade that. And can I upgrade my Wireless-AC 3815 to a 8260/8265?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 7th, 2017 12:00

What you're seeing is that the extended warranty picks up in March, after the basic warranty ends.  The two-year in-home starts on day 1 though.

The damage caused by cleaning is cosmetic and not covered by warranty (just as a scratched fender when you was your car wouldn't be covered by Toyota).

This model is NVMe compatible, and the wireless card is upgradeable.

7 Posts

August 7th, 2017 14:00

What I see is that I have absolutely no warranty now.  

At least thanks for the other answers

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 7th, 2017 17:00

That's obviously a mistake of some kind.  I can't imagine it would prevent you from getting support if you needed it though, since to my knowledge it's not possible to purchase a warranty that doesn't start until a future date unless you have existing coverage until that time.  But Dell Support may be a better place to get this resolved than these general forums.

No Events found!