Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2011 16:00

N5010 Screen Resolution Problem after Dell Webcam Central reinstallation

Posting to see if anyone else has had this happen to them. Would like to know what happeded. Would also like to know if any 3rd party webcam manager app exists that will work with the Dell webcam, since I'm not to hot to reinstall it again.

I had a screen resolution problem on my N5010 Win7 right after I reinstalled Dell Webcam Central(DWC). When it went through the after-installation restart, everything looked normal until almost all my startup apps had loaded. Then the screen went black, it flashed once and came up in what appeared to be safe mood. The screen was narrowed by an 1 ½ inches on each side and the colors where all out of whack.

I right clicked the desktop and  then Graphics Properties bringing up the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel, but it was visually large and difficult to navigate around in. The window was over-sized with the "OK" button hidden below the bottom of the screen about 2 inches. The Resolution was at about 480x600 and the Color Depth at 8-bit. Both these setting are not present in the drop-down menu when it's running as it should. Normally Res is 1366x768 and Color 32-bit; the rest of the settings looked OK, but how would I know.

I could set the 2 settings, Res and Color, correctly but could not select OK (Below the Screen). Esc and forced shutdown caused the changes to not take hold so the same problem repeated on restart. Navigated to Add/Remove and Uninstalled DWC but that didn't work either since the app didn’t uninstall and remained after restart. But, I did notice that the DWC icon was now in the startup section of the systray. I right clicked and deselected the Startup and Open with Windows features. Then I restarted and it booted up normally and graphic were back to normal and I was not in Safe Mode. I then uninstalled DWC and it did uninstall this time. I also deleted the Avatar Creator folder in the DWC folder and the DWC folder too.

After thought:

I wondered if running msconfig>Startup Tab and deselecting DWC from there would have worked too, in that the loop seemed to be start when DWC automatically started up the resolution went whacky. BTW, after I uninstalled I when back into the Startup Tab and DWC was still there but unselected.

21 Posts

January 28th, 2011 16:00

Sorry about font size: Reposted

Posting to see if anyone else has had this happen to them. Would like to know what happeded. Would also like to know if any 3rd party webcam manager app exists that will work with the Dell webcam, since I'm not to hot to reinstall it again.

I had a screen resolution problem on my N5010 Win7 right after I reinstalled Dell Webcam Central(DWC). When it went through the after-installation restart, everything looked normal until almost all my startup apps had loaded. Then the screen went black, it flashed once and came up in what appeared to be safe mood. The screen was narrowed by an 1 ½ inches on each side and the colors where all out of whack.

I right clicked the desktop and  then Graphics Properties bringing up the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel, but it was visually large and difficult to navigate around in. The window was over-sized with the "OK" button hidden below the bottom of the screen about 2 inches. The Resolution was at about 480x600 and the Color Depth at 8-bit. Both these setting are not present in the drop-down menu when it's running as it should. Normally Res is 1366x768 and Color 32-bit; the rest of the settings looked OK, but how would I know.

I could set the 2 settings, Res and Color, correctly but could not select OK (Below the Screen). Esc and forced shutdown caused the changes to not take hold so the same problem repeated on restart. Navigated to Add/Remove and Uninstalled DWC but that didn't work either since the app didn’t uninstall and remained after restart. But, I did notice that the DWC icon was now in the startup section of the systray. I right clicked and deselected the Startup and Open with Windows features. Then I restarted and it booted up normally and graphic were back to normal and I was not in Safe Mode. I then uninstalled DWC and it did uninstall this time. I also deleted the Avatar Creator folder in the DWC folder and the DWC folder too.

After thought:

I wondered if running msconfig>Startup Tab and deselecting DWC from there would have worked too, in that the loop seemed to be start when DWC automatically started up the resolution went whacky. BTW, after I uninstalled I when back into the Startup Tab and DWC was still there but unselected.

1 Message

March 14th, 2012 10:00

I had the same problem!

but i solved it by going to the control panel and change the font type to 100%, instead of 125%. Hope it works for you as well!

1 Message

November 10th, 2013 07:00

how did you reinstall the dell webcam central

21 Posts

November 10th, 2013 08:00

If I remember correctly, I found the application on one of the installation disks. Sorry I can't remember which one. I was just exploring it when I came across the exe file and selected it and was surprised that it installed.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 10th, 2013 10:00

shortvirgo13,

Try...

Dell Webcam Central Version 1.40.05

Rick

No Events found!