Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 24th, 2017 06:00

Network adapter disappears after waking from sleep

Hi,

Using vostro 15 3568, I have this problem ever since I bought this, a few months ago. 

When the computer goes to sleep it will often wake up without the ethernet network adapter, it won't show on device manager, or anywhere else, the wifi adapter still shows. Usually to solve this I have to make the computer go to sleep and wake it again, this time the adapter appears.

Tried updating the drivers, disabling green ethernet feature, didn't work. I have wake on lan and "allow the computer to turn off this device" so I can wake the computer on LAN. 

Will appreciate any assistance, 

Thanks.

• 

17K Posts

July 25th, 2017 07:00

Madatech,

You can click the link below for information and settings to resolve wake on lan within your computer.

How to setup Wake on LAN (WOL) on your Dell System

4 Posts

July 31st, 2017 03:00

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Have tried everything written there, but it keeps happening...

• 

17K Posts

August 1st, 2017 10:00

Madatech,

Click the link to watch what the user did to resolve this issue.

This is not a Dell Video but, it is helpful and it resolves the issue;at least on the video computer. 

Computer Loses Internet Connection After Sleep in Windows 10 (Solved)

4 Posts

August 19th, 2017 23:00

It might work, but it will prevent me from waking the computer remotely and controlling it.

Anyway, it shouldn't be like this. The computer wakes up from sleep and the LAN adapter disappears from the list of adapters? That's strange.

No Events found!