Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

February 10th, 2015 04:00

Network issue

Hi,

I have an issue with my new laptop. it's Inspiron 5537. I've installed Windows 7 - 64 bits. I downloaded all the drivers and installed them; made restarts when it requested so. All drivers installed successfully except Network_Driver_1T7DK_WN32_10.0.0.301_A01 as it gives unsuccessful completion; the error log states: vendor software return code: 7

What makes the issue worse is that the Ethernet Controller also not working and so I am totally isolated from the net as both wired and wireless networks are not working. I don't know whether it's a hardware issue or software since the laptop is new and I never tested its network features.

Please help!

Regards,

Usama

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

February 10th, 2015 07:00

Changing the operating system can cause this. Reset to win 8 factory settings and you will correct the problem. If you don't you will need to find drivers for your hardware on your own which is difficult or impossible with customized laptop drivers. Windows 8 can be used the same as windows 7 if you just skip the Start screen and boot to the desktop. As you know, windows 7 mainstream support by MS ended in January.

www.pcworld.com/.../dont-panic-yes-windows-7-is-leaving-mainstream-support-but-it-isnt-being-abandoned.html

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

February 10th, 2015 07:00

Hi Usama,

Thanks for posting.

First go to support.dell.com, then

Enter the service tag. Press Submit.

Click on Drivers and downloads.

Click on all related drivers for your product.

Choose Operating system.

Under application download Dell Quickset Application.

Under network install the respective network driver.

Turn of the modem, router and system. Then turn on the modem first then the router and then the system. Ensure Fn+F2 is pressed to enable wifi.

Click on start==> control panel==> Network and sharing center==> manage wireless network ==> select the wireless connection name and delete it.

Click on connect to the network and enter the network name and security key.

Here's some information on Wireless problem solving.

Regards,
Robert

2 Posts

February 10th, 2015 08:00

Hi Robert,

I think you are not addressing my issue correctly. I confirmed that I downloaded and installed all the drivers and that I got an error with the network adapter. Kindly note that no wireless sign appears and pressing on Fn+F2 does nothing. Also, when I go to device manager, I found conflicts sign on the Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, USB 2.0-CRW, and Video Controller.

I am searching on many solutions and some experts adivse to download other network drivers (lan_realtek) and chipset drivers and many other recommendations in which I am actually lost. 

Can you really help to get out of this?

Regards,

Usama

No Events found!