Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

L

2 Posts

August 16th, 2006 17:00

New Dell Laptop Skins

Anybody receive the Laptop skins that Dell is offering for the new buyer promo or order them from www.mytego.com or www.skinit.com like it says to on the Dell website if you want to order?  I am considering ordering from mytego and was just wondering if anybody has any info on it.

18 Posts

August 16th, 2006 19:00

I have a Dell 9400 notebook and I actually sent "My Tego" specs for the template.I made my design and the skin is in transit-should arrive in next few days.When I purchased my 9400 there was no option for a cover so my rep ordered a hard cover for a Dell 9300 for $54. CDN~~didn't fit was tooooo small.I saw a "callfor Help" computer show and they mentioned MY TEGO.These skins/covers~~once they are installed you can't remove and reinstall the skin again.They will probably last years and give your Dell lots of protection.

18 Posts

August 21st, 2006 19:00

Received My Tego skin today and installed it.Let me tell you you must have a steady hand and lots of patience.If you ever worked with tuck tape and it rolled over a bit on its sticky side and STUCK together~~Well it happened to me and I was very careful-but not careful enough!!I finally got the skin on with a few little bubbles which I couldn't remove.The Dell centre insignia causes a problem to fit skin really tight.It looks good and we will see how it stays in place over time.You would probably have a better installation luck on a 14-15" laptop and have a good friend assist you. I suggest you print out your design in colour and place it on your notebbok and decide???My design of a hugh cloud shaped like a maple leaf looks A-OK.Hope you have succes.

2 Posts

August 21st, 2006 19:00

Thanks for the info.  Did you try using a needle to pop some of the bubbles out?  I hear that may be helpful.  I ordered my skin last week and am waiting for it to arrive.  I used a really high res image so it should come out clear.  i will post my results when I get it. 

December 17th, 2010 03:00

I own a dell mini notebook, and I want to add more style to it. I guess the stickers you suggested are quite suitable.
Also tell me more skins for my dell laptop..

skins laptop

No Events found!