Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2014 19:00

New Inspiron 7437 sleep and wakeup problem

My new inspiron 7437 crash during wakeup after long deep sleep (closing lid).

and after sleep it doesnot wake up if I open the laptop lid , i need to press "power" button ...

cpu : i5 ram 6gb windows 8

any solution about this ????

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 3rd, 2014 02:00

Hi Kurniawan,

I would suggest you to reinstall the Video card driver on the system to fix the issue with the sleep mode.

Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

12 Posts

January 3rd, 2014 09:00

Hi DELL- Ravi Ch,

I did reinstall the video card but it did not help.

I found the problem caused by "INTEL RAPID START"

If I turn off "Intel Rapid Start" i don't have sleep and wakeup problem.

Any new driver / patches for "Inter Rapid Start" ? or Any setting need to be done ?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 6th, 2014 09:00

Hi Kurniawan,

I would suggest you to run the Intel driver utility on the system using the link below and update the INTEL RAPID START drivers.

http://dell.to/1bYKI1a

12 Posts

January 7th, 2014 17:00

Hi DELL-RAVI,

I ran intel utility but cannot find intel rapid start driver there , only graphic , wifi driver only ....

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 8th, 2014 15:00

Hi Kurniawan,

Please reinstall the INTEL rapid start drivers from the link below.

http://dell.to/1fedSkv

12 Posts

January 9th, 2014 18:00

Hi DELL-Ravi,

This "intel rapid start" version is same version with i have now ...  this is not solved the issue "sleep and wake up"

Look like still there is no "serious" solution from DELL to solved this issue ...

very disappointed ...

4 Posts

January 10th, 2014 12:00

Hi,

I got the same problem of sleep mode with my DELL inspiron 7437.

I already tried to reinstall windows, update drivers and anything else, but problem is till maintain.

I contacted Dell technician but no reasult as well. It seems that Dell really not solved this problem.

I think my next laptop, I will absolutely avoid from Dell. Dont want to spend money in useless quality product anymore.

Very very dissapointed......................

12 Posts

January 10th, 2014 17:00

Hi John X

For work around solution ... in my case I disable Intel rapid start feature ... so laptop will use built in windows sleep function .

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 12th, 2014 15:00

Hi Kurniawan,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.

12 Posts

January 15th, 2014 06:00

Update to bios A03 ,but the sleep mode problem still exist ...

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 16th, 2014 13:00

Hi Kurniawan,

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and inthe search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
  2. Select the Display adapters and right click on it.
  3. Now select properties.
  4. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.
  5. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”
  6. You want to delete the driver click OK.
  7. After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the video card driver on the system for issue resolution. Download the video card drivers from Video section onto the system using the link below, please download and install it for issue resolution.

12 Posts

January 20th, 2014 16:00

Hi Dell-Ravi,

I did uninstall and reinstall display adapter but the sleep mode problem still exist .

I don't say every time fail to wake up after sleep mode but quite often ... so it is not stable or reliable.

i did also upgrade to windows 8.1 and upgrade new display adapter release jan 2014 but sleep mode problem still exist ...

12 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 06:00

I got new "Intel Management Engine Interface" update  from windows update.

Look like more stable now ... already 2 days no more issue "sleep mode"  ... I am not sure because of  "Intel Management Engine Interface" update  from optional windows update or because others drivers update...

I hope this will solved the "sleep mode" issue ...

12 Posts

January 25th, 2014 05:00

upps the sleep mode problems still happening ... i give up already ...

Just turn off "Intel Smart Start" feature ...

5 Posts

May 7th, 2014 09:00

Same problem here with the 7437 (i5, 6GB)... no solution still after three months!

No Events found!