1 Copper

RE: New XPS 15, 9530 WIFI issues.....

Jump to solution

I constantly have Wifi disconnect issues. Will give serious thought to buying a competitors product soon and pawning this POS off on some newb.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Don't buy this model.

harleybad
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just got my new XPS 15 and have had it for about a week. I have the same issues with the network connections. 100% of the time if I close my lid (putting the computer into sleep not hibernate) and open it I have to reboot because the WIFI connection will not connect to anything. I'm using Windows 8.1 with the latest updates and the 17.0.2.5 version of the Intel Wireless-AC 7260 driver. Please let me know if you hear anything. I will also open a case with Dell as well.

apatel2335
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey Harleybad - Try using Intel driver - 16.5.3.6. There are mixed opinions floating on the Internet. But i had this issue and i sent out the laptop for a wireless card & board replacement. There after i was asked to do a system Refresh and restore to factory settings. Since then it has worked fine. I see the driver for my card is Intel 16.5.3.6. Hope that helps! See below.

netzfaul
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I managed to get my wifi working and stable for longer than ever before (4 hours now).

I installed CFOS speed, a traffic shaper that uses a different TCP/IP driver as well.

Here is my bad blogpost: http://cbwebs.de/troubleshooting/hardware/i-fixed-my-intel-wireless-ac-7260-dropouts-on-my-dell-xps-...

Also, I might have some different values on my driver settings. I am happy to list them if someone wants to try to fix it with one step at a time (if cfos alone doesn't help)

0 Kudos
vorlonsmoke
1 Copper

Jump to solution

KNOWN ISSUE WITH INTEL WIRELESS AC 7260 - IT WILL NOT WAKE UP AFTER FROM SLEEP/HIBERNATE!!!

See - https://communities.intel.com/thread/49947

THE PROBLEM HAS RUMBLED ON FOR A YEAR AND STILL NO FULL WORKAROUND OR DRIVER HAS RESOLVED THE PROBLEM FOR WINDOWS 7 AND WINDOWS 8.x

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've had issues with Blue Screens - Dell sent a new machine.

Now I can't get a wireless signal any further than 10 feet from my router / modem.  My Dell 6500 works fine in my office (30 feet away), but not my XPS 15.  I'm searching for an answer, but have not found any other than perhaps a disconnected antennae. Open to suggestions.

0 Kudos
B1ack1323
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Device Manager > Expand Network Adapters > Right Click Dual Band Wireless AC > Properties > Power Management > Uncheck Allow the computer to shut this device off to save power.

Fixed my wireless and I did the same for my touch screen issue where it would stop responding occasionally, FIY: Human Interface Device > USB Input Device.

0 Kudos
MARCEL SAUCIER
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Look in power options and then look in the advanced power options for the WIFI adapter. Make sure the wifi adapter is running at maximum performance when running on battery.

0 Kudos
jsvachon
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Any idea on how to apply this to Linux?

Thanks

0 Kudos