PMenico
1 Copper

RE: New XPS 15, 9530 WIFI issues.....

Jump to solution

I've the same issue... I'm very disappointed.

0 Kudos
mdevu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It is January 28, 2015 and I am having the same problem. I have 2 routers and wifi will not stay connected. Moreover system tray will say I have Internet connection but I really don't. Can't even pair the Wifi. Installed all latest drivers and BIOS updates still same problem.

Did your new network card fix the issue? <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

Modris Reinbergs

0 Kudos
apatel2335
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i got the wireless hardware replaced. Also i got the laptop back to factory settings. NEVER install any dell wireless updates. That is the culprit i think. Since i went back to factory settings it works fine for me.

Though now i get windows blue screen issues once a day or once in 2 days but i guess that is windows and a different problem.

0 Kudos
Shyam Patel
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

disable U-APSD(only available in the 17.0 version of the driver).  This seems to be working.

You can disable this setting by doing the following:

• Load Device Manager
  • Right click the Wi-Fi adapter –> Properties
  • Click on the Advanced tab
  • Set U-APSD to disable.

if this not work download new wifi Adaptor released by Intel for AC-7260 on 26th Jan 2015 following is the link

"https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24656&lang=eng&ProdId=3714"

Shyam Patel
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I was experience same issue in XPS 15 9530 for Wireless Intel AC 7260 where wifi sometimes disconnect and it work only after restart the laptop, Today I connect with dell representative Amol_Sapre Dell | Technical Support Associate, He told me please check your BIOS version and when i check through run command " msinfo32" It was version AC06, Then he suggedted me to download new BIOS version from Drivers and I downloaded and installed new version and wifi issue gone completely. now there is no issue of wifi disconnect here my snaps. 

0 Kudos
mdevu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the BIOS version A07 release Jan 15, 2015 but when installed it still says Oct 2014. It helped a little but then started to deteriorate. I have also tried reinstalling it. I have unchecked the power saving option for the network card. I installed the Jan 2015 Intel updated network card driver. That helped for a couple of days although I could still not get a 5G connection that works. Then after 2 days the wifi gets dropped again. I have a Motorola Gateway/router 802.11ac and a Cisco 802.11ac plugged in to the Motorola. I have to keep turning off the one that has dropped me and connect with the other till I get a connection that is not limited as to wifi. Still no 5G .

0 Kudos
g.becattini
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Still no solutions? I have a new, fresh XPS15 9530 since few days and the problem is still there.

Very often the wifi crashes and I have to reboot. Very frustrating. It is a pity because the computer is beautiful from any other point of view.

Everything is updated, Bios A09, Windows 10, WiFi adapter Broadcom 1560.

Thank for some help.....

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please use dell internal adapter, I upgraded OS to windows 10 pro and BIOS A09 there is not a single issue of wifi crash, Please log an Service request with Dell for wifi issue I hope you will get solution soon..

Regards
Shyam 

0 Kudos
MARCEL SAUCIER
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Power options - Advanced power options (WIFI adapter). Make sure the wifi adapter is running at maximum performance when running on battery.

0 Kudos
g.becattini
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is reduced in frequency but it is still there.

I found a little workaround: a software called NetSetMan that at least avoid having to reboot.

NetSetMan is a freeware network settings manager which can easily switch between preconfigured profiles.

0 Kudos