Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 7th, 2012 10:00

No Power to Docking station unless laptop is docked and power supply is DISConnected from dock

Just setup a user with as E6420. There was no power to the dock. the power supply has a blue light which indicates power. Switched to a different dock and still the same thing. While examining pulled the power supply from the back of the dock and then it powered up - keyboard and mouse work and monitor displays. It seems the dock is pulling power from the laptop, but as soon as I connect the power to the dock it turns off

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 7th, 2012 14:00

Sarnesen

Welcome to the Community.  I am repeating what I understand the issue to be, please let me know If this is incorrect.  That testing with two different docking stations, they don't work as long as the AC adapter is connected.  Once you pull the AC adapter from the dock, the dock works and you get feed from the keyboard, Mouse and displays.

If you don't have the notebook docked, and have power to the dock, does the dock indicate power?  What are the models of docking station  that you are using and have you tried more than one AC adapter / power cord with the docking stations?

TB

1 Message

June 12th, 2012 01:00

Hello,

We have purchased 20 E5420 with their corresponding 20 E-Port Replicators, and exactly the same described above happens in all the combinations laptop/docking .

Ricard

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 12th, 2012 10:00

Ricard

Welcome to the community

Do you have the part numbers to the AC adapters for the docks?  If you just have the docking station, and the AC adapter plugged into it.  The notebook is disconnected, does the dock show any indication of power?

TB

4 Posts

July 23rd, 2014 15:00

Terry,

Was this issued ever resolved?  I am having the exact same problem right now.

No Events found!