Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2016 20:00

No display-- Inspiron 7520

Hi Experts,

I am having issues with my Dell Inspiron 7520 Laptop.

Few days back it used to freeze and after reboot it worked fine. However from last few days there is no display at all. After several reboots, it came up but froze in couple of minutes of use. Now its been a week there is no display at all (even dell logo doesn't appear).

Can anyone suggest how to rectify it please ?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 1st, 2016 08:00

First thing to check is whether or not there is an image on an external monitor.  If there is, its likely a bad LCD.  If there is not, it's a bad mainboard.

2K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 00:00

Hi JUBILANT,

When you press the power button now, does the system power on? Do you see any leds come on? Is there any damage on the system?

Please check if there is any damage on the machine. Check if all the ports on the machine are fine or misaligned. Sometimes if the pins in the USB ports are touching each other, they are known to cause many issues on the machine.

Run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG

Initiate the onboard diagnostics - press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and check for any possible beep codes.

If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Let us know if you have any other queries.

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2016 17:00

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for the reply.

I can't see the hard disk lights on. power and wifi LEDs are on. D key + power button doesn't produce any sound. Is there anything else you can suggest please ?

PS: Its 4 years old now so don't have warranty.

Regards

J

4 Posts

October 3rd, 2016 20:00

Also no Dell logo appears after I power it on.

2K Posts

October 5th, 2016 02:00

Hi JUBILANT,

Thank you for the update.

Well, have you tried the fn key + power button to turn on the system, this should initiate the onboard diags and hopefully you might encounter any beeps. 

Download the service manual here - http://dell.to/2dIOeds - remove the battery and adapter and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power and then try powering on with the adapter only / battery only and check if it works.

If not, remove the memory modules, disconnect the HDD and check if the system posts. If it does, then first try the memory modules only and then the HDD and check if the system posts.

If nothing works, then I would suspect the motherboard. 

4 Posts

October 10th, 2016 19:00

Hi Rishi,

I tried fn key + power button to turn on the system but there were no beeps.

removed hard disk but still didn't work

removed one of the memory slot still didn't work

removed both the memory slots -- started beeping. I think it was alerting due to no memory.

Anything else which I can try to fix please ?

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 11th, 2016 05:00

Bad mainboard.

2K Posts

October 13th, 2016 14:00

Hi JUBILANT,

Thank you for the update.

Have you tried each memory module in each slot to see if it works?

If it does not, then as advised by ejn63 and my previous post, the motherboard is suspected faulty.

Since there is no warranty, you could contact our support team and get a quote for the repair - link in my previous post.

My personal suggestion is to invest your money on a new machine than to repair this system. However, it is your discretion.

No Events found!