Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 28th, 2013 10:00

No sound

My Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 came installed with Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) and IDT High Definition Audio Codec PC Audio Version 1.0.6324.0 (64 bit). I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center and there was no problem with the Speakers/Headphone. A few days back, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center and now there is no sound from Speakers/Headphone. Presuming a compatibility problem, I checked for updated driver through Windows troubleshooting. It reported that my Audio driver was the latest. What should I do?

• 

3.3K Posts

October 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi amitg43,

Inspiron N5110 is not tested with windows 8.1, hence drivers are not available. However you may install the Windows 8 driver in the compatibility mode. The link for the driver is given below:

http://dell.to/16Id5z1

Find the instruction below to install the driver in compatibility mode:

Download the driver from the link above and double click on the file and extract it on the desktop in a folder. Look for setup file in the extracted folder. Right click ‘.exe’ file and click ‘Properties’. Click “install in compatibility mode’. Click on Application and select ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’. Next, click on ‘Troubleshoot Program’. Click on Program worked in earlier versions of Windows. Click on ‘Windows 8’.Click on ‘Start the Program’. Do not hit ‘Next’ until the installation completes. Once the installation completes, click on ‘Next’

Hope this helps.

3 Posts

October 29th, 2013 09:00

Thanks to email reply from DELL-Sujatha K, providing link http://dell.to/16Id5z1 for downloading driver and outlining the process for installing it to operate in compatibility mode for Windows 8. I have got my sound back! 

• 

3.3K Posts

October 30th, 2013 06:00

Hi amitg43,

Good to know that the sound is back. Let me know if you need assistance in future.

3 Posts

September 25th, 2014 02:00

Hi,

Recently I started having some problem with the Control Panel on my Windows 8.1 Pro x64 system (Dell Inspiron 15R laptop, service code DPZHLR1). After going through Microsoft Community Forum discussions, it appears that the problem could be due to some third party software or driver, after virus action was ruled out. The Event Viewer log pointed towards driver IDTNC64.cpl which I learnt to be linked to Control Panel and IDT High Definition Audio Codec. For reinstalling the driver, I downloaded Audio_IDT_W8_X02_A00_Setup-CGH70_ZPE.exe through the link provided by you earlier. But when I tried to run it in compatibility mode, a message said that it was not applicable to my system and the installation was discontinued. What should I do now?

Amit

No Events found!