Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2015 14:00

OS Product Key and Disc lost!!

Hello. So, I wanted to re-install windows and my dad had a burned disk. I borrowed it and installed it only to find out it is Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit) instead of the HP (64-bit) which my computer had Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit). I went to Microsoft to see if I could get a disk or whatever. The problem is, my key product sticker from the bottom of my laptop is gone. I am not sure how long it has been gone but now I have no Product Key or OS disc. I have went into regedit and even downloaded Jelly Bean but the only key it gives me, is the one for this Windows 7 Ultimate. Any ideas how I can retrieve my original Product key?!?! Thanks!

~Amy

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 6th, 2015 14:00

On most newer Dell systems, the COA sticker is under the battery.

You'll need to call Dell customer support if you need to purchase a set of recovery media.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 6th, 2015 17:00

Amy, if you can get hold of the 10130 .iso then use it as a stepping stone to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows/a-clean-install-of-windows-10/windows-xpvista-%e2%86%92-windows-10-free-upgrade/

4 Posts

August 7th, 2015 21:00

i no have OPERATIN SYSTEM NOT FOUND.  I HAVE EXITING BROADCOM PXE ROM. . WHAT I NEED TO DO. THANKS FOR  RESOLVED MY SITUATION. 

No Events found!