Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2015 23:00

Photoshop Stopped Working

Hi

I am a Dell XPS13 2015 user and I have been using the Photoshop CC 2015 well with my labtop until the recent 'Dell Update'.

After the update, the photoshop shuts down while it is initiating the program.

- No Diagnotics symptoms or results

- Cannot Install recent graphic chipset driver from intel

- Cannot undo the updates

Any solutions suggested?

rather than reinstalling photoshop... i guess...

1.2K Posts

July 15th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

Here in this case you have mentioned the issue is seen after updates 

Do answer these questions of mine so that I can understand the issue better .

- No Diagnostics symptoms or results : Does it mean you are unable to initiate diagnostics with  F12 and power button ,if so then do try initiating online diagnostics on the system. If you have initiated diagnostics then please provide the error code .

- Cannot Install recent graphic chipset driver from intel : what is the error that comes up while you try to install updates .

It could be a possibility that the graphic driver has got corrupt or just the photoshop setup file that's got corrupt .Based on the above answers we can conclude the reason for failure .

Awaiting your response .

Kindest Regards

July 15th, 2015 19:00

Hi,

- I can run the program but the program cannot detect anything wrong about the system. (I guess it is because the problem mainly lies on the software crash... on Photoshop)

- I was trying to install "Intel(R) Graphics Driver Software" Version 15.36.21.64.4222 from intel website in order to "try to" fix the Photoshop problem. but it asks me to follow the manufacturer provided programs

Thanks,

Charlie Shin

1.2K Posts

July 16th, 2015 05:00

Hi Charlie,

Kindly send the service tag info ,os installed on the system via private message so that I can assist you with system specifications .

Awaiting your response .

Regards ,

No Events found!