Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 15th, 2011 03:00

Please Help! "Failed to create Conexant Audio Factory, The SmartAudio will now exit"

I am an American living in Taiwan. Back in September, I bought a brand new Dell Inspiron 13z laptop. (Note: I don't think the 13z is available in the US market)

It doesn't look like there is even support for the 13z because the model is not listed in the support products page.

Anyways, here is the problem. From the very first day when I took the laptop home, during startup, this warning pops up which says "Failed to create Conexant Audio Factory, The SmartAudio will now exit".

I looked around on the Dell support site for a solution. I found this driver which says it fixes the error "- SmartAudio error message pop up after reboot and said "Failed to create Conexant Audio Factory. The SmartAudio will now exit": http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R306124&formatcnt=0&libid=0&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=461550

The driver is for the 14z laptop, but I figured it'd work for my 13z also. I installed it and sure enough it fixed the problem.

But yesterday, all of a sudden the problem came back from out of nowhere! It just started happening again for no reason.

I have attached a picture of the error message.

Please can someone help me?! I am extremely frustrated and desperate right now.

2 Posts

July 16th, 2013 11:00

Dear TAIWANUP,

Hope this solves your problem!

"Failed to create Conexant Audio Factory, The SmartAudio will now exit"

Reason:

"CxUtilSvc" service is not running.

Solution:

Open Services and Start "CxUtilSvc".

Then Open Dell audio!

Regards,

KaRty

karty.in

3.8K Posts

November 15th, 2011 06:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried uninstalling the Audio driver and reinstalling it? To uninstall, click on start, right click on computer, click on properties, click on device manager, click on the symbol next to Sound, right click on Conextant or Realtek Audio, and click on uninstall, click ok to confirm. Once it removed use the below link to install the driver. I was able to find the driver on the support page with no problems. The system model is an Inspiron 1370.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

2 Posts

November 15th, 2011 09:00

It's definitely not the 'Inspiron 1370', that's a way older model.

It's this model:

www.dell.com/.../pd

But your advice did fix the problem.

I uninstalled the Conexant driver and when I rebooted, the problem was gone. And then I downloaded and installed the Conexant driver from the 'N311Z' support page. When I rebooted, the pop-up didn't come back.

I didn't even think of uninstalling the driver. Thanks for the help! Here's hoping the problem doesn't comeback...

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 15th, 2011 19:00

Hello. Just wanted to comment about the model name.

The N311Z is probably the same as the Inspiron 13Z laptop. Over the past year or maybe a bit longer Dell has had a practice of selling the laptops under one name, but listing them on the Support pages under a different name. So we end up with this situation where several Inspirons (like the Inspiron 15)) have dual names, and

the model sold as XPS 15Z is listed on Support as XPS 511Z

the model sold as XPS 15 is listed on Support as both XPS L501X and XPS L502X, so you pays your money and takes your choice on that one. There are some other examples of this practice too.

It's like Dell's marketing and Support are competing fiefdoms, where each one gets to name the computers their own way. It is tough on us on the Support forums to figure out which model we're even talking about nowadays. At least on the Support site we get to see both names for the XPS models, but not for the Inspirons. I assume that when people buy the laptops they receive some paperwork with it that gives the full Support version of the name somewhere, but maybe not. It seems crazy to me to have these different and competing names.

2 Posts

September 24th, 2013 10:00

Hi. Open RUN (Windows Key + R). Type "services.msc" (without quotes) and press enter. Services window will open. Check the list for CxUtilSvc and double click on it. Click on Start.

Thats all..

:emotion-11:

- Karty

1 Message

September 24th, 2013 10:00

How do you start "CxUtilSvc"?

I am having the same issue.

1 Message

March 19th, 2014 04:00

Thanks for that tip, Karty! While I was doing this, I recalled having seen that file name just recently, and looked at my antivirus/computer maintenance program, and sure enough, it was one of the user defined optional "potentially unwanted startup programs" in which I'd elected to turn it off. It's now turned back on and will stay back on. I comment because perhaps some other people running into this error message may be inadvertently causing their own problems in the same way, especially those who have it coming back after reinstalling the driver! :-)

Have a good day!

Stitchinfits

1 Message

June 11th, 2014 20:00

Is there another Like for this file, the link is no longer there? I have deleted this file on my computer and don't know what or where to go to replace the file to fix my computer. Thanks Tom

1 Message

November 17th, 2015 10:00

You are good. That solve my problem.

Can you help me again? I updated my Inspiron 7520 from W 8.1 to W10. I did it at my job place, so when my laptop is here it recognized the wireless available and works fine but when  I am home, forget about.

It don´t recognize the wireless at my house and when it does, do not work well, or for so long.  It irritates me. I have a nice computer that is behaving as it wants. 

This command, didin´t no work.

reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /f

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

Thanks

1 Message

May 29th, 2017 11:00

@karty:

Thanks for this. I noticed this error coming up recently as well. I had changed some of my services settings in an attempt to free up resources (CPU, HDD Read/Write, and RAM). I don't recall changing this, but then who knows. I changed the service setting from manual to automatic (regular not "delayed start") as this error pops up on startup. Then I started the service, went into Dell Audio and it worked like a charm. I don't use this program but apparently system startup does somewhere, somehow.

Ugh.

Between all of the Microsoft bloatware and Dell bloatware, no wonder systems run slow now days. I've maxed out my RAM (16GB) which should be more than enough, even for a web developer running several heavy programs.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

K. Dorris

No Events found!