Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2016 09:00

Precision M6500 - Change speaker board?

Got an old Precision M6500 dual core with a blown speaker.  Can get a replacment board off ebay, but not sure how difficult it is to change.  I lifted up the top plate and can see the speaker board, but don't see any screws on top to remove to get the board out.

Has anyone changed the speaker board and how hard is it.

Can't find anything on the net to help me.

haze10

June 8th, 2016 18:00

Hello Haze10

Thanks for writing to us. 

Please find the link below and on page 65 you will see the instructions for the same. 

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_precision_mobile/precision-m6500_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

Regards

5 Posts

June 8th, 2016 19:00

Thanks for the reference manual, but unfortunately, there are no references to replacing the speaker board.

Is there anyone else who has ever done this.

haze10

June 8th, 2016 22:00

Can you please send us the picture of the speakers board you are trying to remove.

5 Posts

June 9th, 2016 12:00

jpeg is attached.  if you have any trouble opening then click the link below to see the part being sold by a vendor.

www.parts-people.com/index.php

thanks for your help in this

1 Attachment

June 9th, 2016 20:00

Hi We are awaiting your response. Also do send  us your system tag#, name and email address via personal message by clicking on my name in blue

5 Posts

June 10th, 2016 10:00

Sorry, I did respond but was having a heck of time with the 'I'm not a robot'.  It was caught in a loop.

Here is a photo attached (at least I hope so)

1 Attachment

June 11th, 2016 04:00

No Worries.
We see the speakerboard is a part of palmrest and there are no written instructions with us to remove the speaker board separately.

5 Posts

June 11th, 2016 07:00

That's not really much help is it?  I was always trained that when I didn't know the answer the correct response was, " I don't know - but I'll find out".   The board is sold separately so there must be a way to remove it.

Did you open this discussion up to the public as I am sure I am not the only one to every need to replace a speaker.  Otherwise this has been a week long effort in futility.

June 11th, 2016 20:00

Hi Nice to hear from you. 

If there is a an issue with speaker Dell replaced the entire palmrest but not the speaker alone. 

Providing you self written instructions from a third party websites will risk damaging the system. 

Though the part is sold separately by few third party websites, but from Dell its always sold along with touchpad. 

Probably you were looking at this website

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=11778

and are under impression that its removable, but if you go to the installation instructions provided by this website its of M6600. We leave it to you to decide whether to follow the DIY instructions provided in this link, though we would not really suggest.

Regards

June 12th, 2016 19:00

Should you have any questions do give us a shout.

No Events found!