Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2012 07:00

Precision M6600 Screen flicker when on power adapter

My Dell Precision M6600 screen has recenlty started flickering when it's been plugged into the mains. It seems to be completely random. It sometimes goes for hours and starts fliskering or starts when I boot up. When I unplug the adaptor the flickering stops. I thought it was a faulty adaptor but I've just got hold of a brand new spare one and the same thing happens.

Any suggestions? Graphic card? Power socket?

Scott

March 20th, 2012 05:00

Your screen may be going.  I have a two laptops latitude c510 one went years ago but I got a  used monitor  from a 'go green site to stop land fills from growing'.   It works!     The other started flickering and just got worse this year, so I got a monitor, used  one again.   I can not afford a new computer.

8 Posts

March 23rd, 2012 14:00

My laptop was using the Dell power management option.

Switched to "balanced" option and switched off screen dimming and hibernation nonsense and intermittent flickering has stopped...

1 Message

March 28th, 2012 22:00

There is a thread at forum dot notebookreview dot com (forum.notebookreview.com) that has the topic M6600 Backlight Flicker.  Here is the link...although I wouldn't be surprised if Dell deletes the link. I am using mine for the FIRST time and it's flickering.  It's likely due to the fact that you have an LG panel that should be replaced with a AUO monitor.  If you turn up the backlight, it will likely stop flickering...but no guarantee.   Good luck!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-latitude-vostro-precision/649909-m6600-backlight-flicker.html - I disabled the link so you will have to copy and paste.

8 Posts

March 29th, 2012 00:00

Flicker has gone away when I come off the Dell Power Plan. I'll take a look at the link...

No Events found!