Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2013 20:00

Precision m6300 and Windows 7 (and windows 8)

I just bought a Precision m6300, get a fresh windows 7 installation and found, shocked, when looking for dell drivers on his website, that weren't, even one. There are official drivers available for XP and Vista only. Why is it so?  I believe so far windows 7 has absolutely displace vista, as operating system,  and XP is way far from sight in these regard. I'm pretty satisfied with the laptop, i just hit 5.5 on windows experience evaluation, but these OS restrictions are absolutely displeasing. I've learned to despise Vista due to the huge amount of comments and always found  XP as not fulfilling my stetics expectations, nor some functional ones (is the indexation service in XP same as the 7 one?). These is not what i've expected, but i would gladly recieve any useful comment or advice. Cheers.

Alarion Inglorion. 

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

May 4th, 2013 04:00

Hi Alarion Inglorion,

You are right; there are no Windows 7 drivers for M6300. Dell has not tested Windows 7 or Windows 8 Operating system on this system. Hence there are no drivers available. You may try installing Windows vista drivers. Some of the features may or may not work.

No Events found!