Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

U

April 4th, 2013 02:00

Problem in Factory Resetting my Dell Inspiron N7110

HI

I have Dell Inspiron N7110 that came with per-installed win 7 home premium. Couple of months back i switched to win 8, but now want to revert back to win 7. I can see the recovery partition and i am sure it is healthy. On the support site of dell they say that restart and hold F8 key to go into boot options and select recovery, but i cant see anything like that. Please help... How can i reset my laptop to factory default.

4.4K Posts

April 4th, 2013 02:00

Hi umaramin,

Welcome to the Community,

May I know what are options you see on the F8 screen?

Thank You

3 Posts

July 20th, 2013 12:00

I've dell Inspiron N7110,

Windows 7 was crashed, did recovery, and when restarted after completed recovery and restarting to finish the recovery, it restarted again after a very short blue screen and gave options to start normaly or repair windows, , normal wont work, repair can not repair.

In Bios I changed the hard drive mode to ATA and did the recovery, but still doing the same, recovered using ATA and on restart changed to ACHI, still doing the same.

scanned hard drive for bad sectors, hard drive is healty and no errors found.

F8 will give all start up options starting "repair your computer" ending with "start windows normaly"

looks like it is common on Inspiron N Series..

I wonder what the other suggestions?

3.1K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 14:00

Hi alaegyman,

You've mentioned that you scanned the hard drive; would like to know the method you used to scan it.

I would also suggest you to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu.

No Events found!