Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

M

4 Posts

September 13th, 2005 10:00

Problem with Adapter PA - 10 Family

I just bought a new Adapter PA - 10 Family for my Dell Laptop Inspiron 600m, after the first on PA - 12 Family broke.
However, whenever I open up the the computer I got the message to strike F1 key to continue and moreover the battery is no longer charging.

What should I do?

3.2K Posts

September 13th, 2005 11:00

Buy the right/correct AC adapter for your model.

11.9K Posts

September 14th, 2005 23:00

@Ed C wrote:
Buy the right/correct AC adapter for your model.

The PA-10 should work just fine.

4 Posts

September 15th, 2005 14:00

Dear Sir,

I bought PA - 10 family, because at the back of my Dell laptop it says: this laptop can use either PA 12 or PA - 10 family. There was no PA - 12 family in the shop.

So why is PA-10 family not working?

Mwangomo.

11.9K Posts

September 16th, 2005 00:00

@Mwangomo wrote:

Dear Sir,

I bought PA - 10 family, because at the back of my Dell laptop it says: this laptop can use either PA 12 or PA - 10 family. There was no PA - 12 family in the shop.

So why is PA-10 family not working?

Mwangomo.

Striking a key to continue is a message re: the PC, not the adapter.  Either adapter will work fine.  How did your old one "break"?

What "shop" did you buy it from?

4 Posts

September 16th, 2005 07:00

Dear Sir,

You asked me what happened to my first adapter PA -12 family. This blew out because of AC power fluctuation in my office.

Mwangomo.

4 Posts

September 16th, 2005 07:00

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your attention. I bought the new PA - 10 family from the Dell Shop in Dar es salaam Tanzania. The reason to buy a new laptop from Dell is because I could be able to get assistance from their Office in Dar es salaam.

This adapter it does power the laptop, however it can not charge the battery. So Am using the laptom without being able to use the battery at all.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Mwangomo.

11.9K Posts

September 16th, 2005 13:00

@Mwangomo wrote:

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your attention. I bought the new PA - 10 family from the Dell Shop in Dar es salaam Tanzania. The reason to buy a new laptop from Dell is because I could be able to get assistance from their Office in Dar es salaam.

This adapter it does power the laptop, however it can not charge the battery. So Am using the laptom without being able to use the battery at all.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Mwangomo.

Clearly the power surge you described below damaging the charging ability of the laptop as the PA-10 works fine in running the computer.

11.9K Posts

September 16th, 2005 13:00

@Mwangomo wrote:
Dear Sir,

You asked me what happened to my first adapter PA -12 family. This blew out because of AC power fluctuation in my office.

Mwangomo.

So if if a power surge blew your adapter, it likely damaged your computer including the ability to charge the battery.
No Events found!