Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2015 12:00

Problem with my laptop

hi i have a dell latitude e4300 laptop it could read my new battery whats the problem it would charge to

1.8K Posts

October 23rd, 2015 10:00

Hi,

If your system isn't reading / charging a new battery please enter System Setup (BIOS) on your system and see whether the laptop is recognizing / reading that battery being connected to it.  If it isn't, then first I would recommend resetting the BIOS to factory defaults.  (You should see that option in the BIOS).

If that still doesn't help alleviate the problem then you may want to go to our main support page, input your service tag, and when the website redirects you to the pages for the E4300, click on the Drivers & Downloads link.  Look for the BIOS category, download the latest file and install it.  There will be directions on how to install the BIOS update on it's downloads page.  Make sure your AC adapter is plugged in and the system has power while the BIOS update is running.

Here is a link to a support article one of my co-workers created on Battery & AC Adapter issues.  There are some other troubleshooting steps listed there, such as trying a known good battery, a different adapter, etc.

Let us know what you find out, and if none of the above works we'll see what other steps we can suggest that may help you out.

Todd

No Events found!