Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2011 06:00

Problems with N5010 wireless

I installed the driver. But my wireless just cant find my house wireless router!! and not even my neighbours wifi. But when i turn on my iphone wifi hotspot, it show up. what is the problem with the wireless?? can someone help me???

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 20th, 2011 15:00

If the notebook is able to see and connect to your Iphone it is likely that the wireless card on the notebooks is fine.  I would check to see if your wireless router is set to broadcast the SSID.   Here is a link to a good basic troubleshooter for connecting to wireless networks.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=266342#Issue1

• 1. Make sure the wireless switch is on. It will be either a sliding switch on the left or right side edge of the computer, a key combination or single key, look for the wireless icon

• 2. Move the computer to within 10-20 ft (1-3 meters) of the router.

• 4. Unplug the wireless router for 30 seconds and then plug it back into the A/C outlet (give the router 2 minutes to boot back up).

• 6. Make sure the latest driver is installed:

• 7. Update the wireless router's firmware to the latest available, refer to the wireless router documentation or contact the wireless router manufacturer

I hope that this helps

TB

2 Posts

April 20th, 2011 21:00

it seems like when i put my laptop around my router within 0.5m area, i can connect onto it. but when i put my laptop back to my room which is around 1.5~2m away, i cant get connected to my wireless. The wireless card in my laptop got lousy signal?? My desktop in my room can connect to my wireless router.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 22nd, 2011 05:00

I would test the notebook with other networks.  Check out the nearest WIFI hotspots,  library, work, wherever and see if the problem occurs no matter what network that you try to connect to.  If the problem follows the notebook you may need to consider replacing the wireless card and possibly the antennas.

TB

No Events found!