Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 29th, 2012 11:00

Registering TAG for new Laptop - impossible.

New Laptop.  XPS. Bought from Dell.

Have Dell Account.

Want to ADD the laptop to my list of products in my Dell Account.

I've registered the TAG all OK  (but this is on a separate page to the 'My Account' info. 

I  cannot add it to "My Products" cos it is  telling me the TAG is incorrect. Doesnt exist.  This is clearly Wrong and TAG is correct.  
Cannot email Dell cos the TAG is invalid and my other product warranties have expired.
Cannot call the 8am  to 8pm help line because it is closed  (at 7pm)...  but it took me 5 calls and about 20 menu options to be told this by a recorded voice.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I get my Laptop recognised by Dell's system so I can then find out what updates (if any) are available. 

This is in UK.

Cheers

K

25 Posts

March 11th, 2012 15:00

Just to close this off.... Dell have finally added my TAG to the system.  Errors like this happen. I can handle that. But it was a nightmare getting anyone in Dell to actually acknowledge and process this.  All good now... sort of.

14.4K Posts

February 29th, 2012 11:00

Your laptop may not be in the system yet so give it a few more days and try again.

As for updates you can manually check on the Drivers and Downloads page for your system.

117 Posts

February 29th, 2012 22:00

I do second that... :)

25 Posts

March 3rd, 2012 07:00

Thanks folks... 5 days now.  Dell Tech support bounce me to Cust Care,  Dell Customer Care bounce me to tech support. Emails go nowhere, Online system Support doesnt work because it insisits on having a valid TAG.  Catch22 .

Such a joy to be dealing with DELL.    Fantastic support during the purchase process. Then dumped as soon as the machine is delivered.  

No Events found!