Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

March 1st, 2009 19:00

Reinstalling "Other Devices" (Video Controller & PCI Device)

I recently had to re-install my OS due to the win32 virus. However there are 4 drivers that did not reinstall and I am having a hard time of locating which driver to download from the Dell website. Can anyone direct me to the PCI Device, Ethernet Controller, Video Controller and Video Controller (VGA compatible) drivers??!!

Thanks!

1 Message

April 24th, 2009 21:00

I too had the same problem with an Inspiron e1305.  I cannot connect to the internet with it because it does not show a modem in device manager.  There is also yellow question marks on 3 base system devices

Please help

10 Posts

I too had the same problem with an Inspiron e1305.  I cannot connect to the internet with it because it does not show a modem in device manager.  There is also yellow question marks on 3 base system devices

Please help

Download Now Chipset Drivers

Need more info to fix. the Service tag number will give more detailed files.

Do you have a wireless and a regular wired connection?

I can help if you want.

Dennis Hain

10 Posts

I recently had to re-install my OS due to the win32 virus. However there are 4 drivers that did not reinstall and I am having a hard time of locating which driver to download from the Dell website. Can anyone direct me to the PCI Device, Ethernet Controller, Video Controller and Video Controller (VGA compatible) drivers??!!

Thanks!

What is your service tag? and Model number. I will help you out.

Dennis Hain

14.4K Posts

April 30th, 2009 19:00

Hello Tbeloved03

To help you further we need to know the Model of you computer and the operating system you are running. Then we can point you to the necessary drivers that you need.

Since you recently reinstalled the OS then you need to reload your drivers and such in a certain order. You can read info on that order HERE. This is most likely the root cause of your issue other than not knowing which drivers to download.

14.4K Posts

Travisneedsu

Please edit your post to remove your service tag. This is against the TOS and will result in your post getting deleted.

All we normally need to know is the model and os you are running and if you know the particular hardware then that is also a help.

Now for a bit of background have you recently reinstalled your OS? If so read THIS on the proper order to reload drivers after a reinstall

Also as a bit of further advice you really should start a new thread as while your issue might be simular it makes it hard to try to help two users in one thread.

Thanks.

1 Message

i too have the same problem with the Video Controller (VGA compatible) device i got this error-This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1) and iv tried reinstalling that failed i even uninstalled them and tried reinstalling them with the drivers cd and it fails it says something about its missing the needed files or they are corrupted....and im a gamer thats 80% of what i use my computer for,and  now i cant i was thinking about buying a new pc but dont have the money so if u could help me id be so thankful, i got a inspiron 9400 laptop  and i spent 1200$ on it 2 years ago,and do not want to have to buy a new one allready im poor lol.

14.4K Posts

[quote user="Tbeloved03"]

Thanks!

What is your service tag? and Model number. I will help you out.

Dennis Hain

[/quote]

Posting service tag numbers are against the TOS and will not be allowed on this board. Please do not ask a user to post this info.

No Events found!