Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2017 18:00

Replacement Keyboard Key (XPS13)

My 7 key keeps falling off when I'm typing. Anyone know how I can order a replacement key?

Dell XPS 13 (9360)

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 27th, 2017 18:00

There are Ebay sellers that provide keys - but depending on what's broken, it may or may not be repairable.

You'll likely wind up replacing the keyboard anyway.

www.parts-people.com/index.php

8 Posts

November 28th, 2017 16:00

It's literally just the connector on the bottom of the keycap. The keyboard itself is working fine. Dell doesn't supply these directly?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 29th, 2017 07:00

No -- Dell doesn't sell keyboard parts.  Only complete keyboards -- and given the chiclet style of the keys, you may not be able to source parts from elsewhere any longer.  

It's just not cost-effective to stock small parts at this level.

8 Posts

November 29th, 2017 09:00

Okay well can I get a replacement keyboard then? My laptop is still under warranty.

Even the Dell documentation sounds like you can get a replacement key. www.dell.com/.../how-to-remove-a-key-on-your-dell-laptop-keyboard

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 29th, 2017 10:00

If the key is physically broken, it's likely that unless you have accidental damage coverage (not part of the warranty), they will not replace the keyboard.  All you can do is ask.

Yes, you CAN remove individual keys to clean under them.  What they don't sell is replacement parts for systems with physically broken keys (or key mounts).

No Events found!