Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2015 19:00

Rocketfish Bluetooth receiver doesn't work after Windows 8.1 upgrade

The "Music Receiver' appears in device manager. When detecting devices, it is found, status is 'Paired', but when I attempt to connect to it the process fails. With Windows 8.0 it worked fine, when I powered it on the audio would be diverted from the laptop speakers to the receiver. Several times I tried deleting and reinstalling it. Checked device manager Bluetooth area, clicked the 4 Bluetooth options and updated driver, all indicated they were up to date. Did Troubleshooting, hardware and sound, it did find an error with a Bluetooth driver, but when I chose the option to resolve it the process failed with the result 'Not fixed' Tried Troubleshooting with Control Panel, the result was there's a problem with the driver for the Bluetooth LWFLT device. I chose Apply Fix - then 'searching for driver' ran for about a half hour without results, I cancelled it. I wonder what I can try next. 

27 Posts

February 18th, 2015 11:00

The laptop is an Inspiron 3521. I suspect no Bluetooth device will work now.

27 Posts

February 18th, 2015 16:00

response to a recommendation from the Microsoft forum:

I tried the Dell site as I did yesterday. This time the auto-detect utility ran and completed, installed 2 drivers and a bios update. The Bluetooth receiver again showed paired, but not connected. Then from Control Panel Devices and Printers noted the PC icon indicated it needed troubleshooting. Ran Troubleshooting, 3 different references of Bluetooth drivers were needed and it attempted to install them. All failed with the status - not fixed.

Went to the Intel site, said I have a custom driver and to contact the computer manufacturer.

No Events found!