Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2013 08:00

***STOP : 0X000000F4 (0X0000000000000003, 0XFFFFFA80091ZFBB30, OXFFFFFA80091ZFE10, )XFFFFF8000ZFD6DB0)

I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop 2nd generation Intel Core i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHZ with Geniune Windows (R) 7 home premium 64 bit (English)

I am facing a problem since last one month. The description of the problem as shown in the screen is as follows:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

If this in the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options and then select safe mode.

Technical information: ***STOP : 0X000000F4 (0X0000000000000003, 0XFFFFFA80091ZFBB30, OXFFFFFA80091ZFE10, )XFFFFF8000ZFD6DB0)

Collecting data for crash dump....

Initializing disk for crash dump....

Begining dump of physical memory

Dumping physical memory to disk : 100

Please help. I have uninstalled Windows and re-installed it twice. Still the same problem surfaces.

807 Posts

August 16th, 2013 08:00

Run a diagnostic (Boot to F12). Also do the extended memory tests at the end of the hardware diagnostic. Post back with results

1.5K Posts

August 16th, 2013 09:00

Hi  dbshah86,

Welcome to the community.

I apologize for all the inconvenience this issue has caused and promise you that I will do my best to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Please let us know that you have done a clean re-installation of windows on the system. It could be a hardware issue with the system, please perform the diagnostics following the link below:

http://dell.to/11NpLCy

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

4 Posts

August 17th, 2013 06:00

I have re-installed windows clean to the best of my knowledge.. I have followed the prodecure as suggested by you. The diagnosis result are as below:

Startup repair diagnosis and repair log

Last successful boot time : 8/13/2013 4:44:48 (GMT)

Number of repair attempts : 1

Session details

System disk = \Device\Harddisk0

Windows directory = F:\Windows

AutoChk = 1

Number of root causes = 1

Test Performed:

Name: Check for updates

Result: Completed Successfully. Error code = 0 x 0

Timetaken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: System disk test

Result: Completed Successfully. Error code = 0 x 0

Timetaken = 16 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Disk failure diagnosis

Result: Completed successfully. Error Code = 0x0

Time taken =499ms

Test Performed:

Name: Disk metadata test

Time taken = 31 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Target OS test

Time taken = 156 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Volume Content Check

Time taken = 328 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Boot manager diagnosis

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: System boot log diagnosis

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Event log diagnosis

Time taken = 109 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Internal state check

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Boot status test

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Setup state check

Time taken = 3089 ms

Test Performed:

Name: Registry hives test

Time taken = 3432 ms

Test Performed:

Name: windows boot log diagnosis

Time taken = 0 ms

Root cause found:

Registry is corrupt

Repair Action: system Restore

Result: Completed Successfully. Error code = 0x0

Time taken : 203332 ms

Please suggest further

1.5K Posts

August 19th, 2013 07:00

Hi dbshah86,

Thanks for providing us this information.

Kindly perform a custom test on harddrive and memory of the system. Please check this link below for performing the same:

http://dell.to/164mwx3

Also, post the screenshot of the device manager and my computer as it seems your windows installation path is not correct.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

4 Posts

August 19th, 2013 12:00

The result of the hard drive test is as follows:

Error code 0142

Message Error Code : 2000-0142

The given error code and message can be used by technical support to help diagnose the problem

The result of the memory test is as follows:

Error Code 0F00:065D

Msg: Disk - DST Self test read error

The given error code and message can be used by technical support to help diagnose the problem

Error Code 0F00:133C

Msg: Disk - No suitable disk media is present

I tried to start the laptop to take a screen shot of device manager and my computer but it did not start and the message shown is as follows:

Stop : c000021a {fatal system error}

The windows subsystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xC0000006 (0x76d19c12 0x00d6b940)

The system has been shut down

1.5K Posts

August 20th, 2013 07:00

Hi dbshah86,

I appreciate the time and effort that you took to troubleshoot the issue. It seems hard-drive would require replacement.

If the system is under warranty then please contact me through a private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information so I may access your system records.

And, if the system is out of warranty then you contact our Expired Warranty Support at the link below:

http://dell.to/12LmNBq

If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us.

4 Posts

August 20th, 2013 12:00

Are you sure that the hard drive is crashed?

it should not happen that i buy a new hard drive but the problem still remains unsolved.

Please confirm.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 23rd, 2013 12:00

STOP : 0X000000F4

ProviderName="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

An event 41 is used to report that something unexpected happened that prevented Windows from shutting down correctly. There may be insufficient information to explicitly define what happened. To determine what may have happened and to identify a potential resolution, it is important to know what the computer was doing at the time just before the event occurred.

If event 41 is logged because power to the computer was interrupted, consider obtaining an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) such as a battery backup power supply. An underpowered or failing power supply may cause this behavior. For example, if you added RAM or additional devices or hard disks when this problem began, the power supply may cause the problem.

An event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data

Click here to show/hide scenario

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang)

No Events found!