Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2015 06:00

Second Laptop with old & new mouse problems

I bought this for working at home. It looks cheap and feels cheap. Unfortunately it also works cheaply. This is actually a replacement, and I must say that Customer Service was outstanding in the way they worked with me for a month on the original laptop I purchased. After that amount of time I finally gave up and was able to exchange it for a replacement. The new one worked seamlessly for about 2 weeks. . .

Then the mouse started its erratic behaviors again, suddenly grabbing things on which I had not clicked, moving things, selecting things, flying across the screen. You know. The norm. Setting and resetting the properties from day-to-day is practically a way of life.

I was just about to try adding the screen protector when a totally new problem started: the mouse locks itself down in select position and refuses to click loose for several minutes at a time. It won't select anything, but even more than that - it won't make a physical move or clicking sound.

Starting to dream of DOS. 

This is the worst computer I have used, and my machine at work is so out of date it's running Windows XP. But this "new" laptop challenges my patience every moment. All I wanted was to be able to work at home. Even paid for it out of my own pocket. 

Definitely not up to previous Dell standards. 

3 Posts

July 14th, 2015 00:00

previous ?? not to any dell standards. i just wonder is the standards were even considered.

i bought this laptop for work and now it is just a harassment as i dont know what to do with no money and no laptop. if you wonder how bad the pointer can be i can share the video of if which keeps on going to random place and clicking by its own.

i just wish dell replaces the laptop with entirely with different one or refund for it, as the customer care just keeps on telling its a os issue or driver issue. they just keep on coming with new idea to harass.

disappointed and helpless.

2 Posts

July 16th, 2015 06:00

I didn't think it was possible, but this treacherous mouse actually got even worse - after some kind of update last night. Now it's selecting even more random things, sending emails I'm composing without warning, launching unneeded programs which the mouse barely skims past.

I hate this machine.

We've had at least 7 Dells in our home in the past. This "new" one is a constant source of aggravation. I've actually gone back to using a laughably old model, to avoid the mandatory frustration; it's a blessing compared to this unfortunate design. Guess this sad purchase will become a paperweight.

Buyers Beware!

3 Posts

July 16th, 2015 07:00

Now i am scared. I just got my track pad replaced. I just hope it works and someone serious person from [tag:dell]  who respects their loyal customers views this forum.

They just say its os problem. I have a licensed windows downloaded it from microsoft web site and if still there is problem do i hq e to meet mr gates personally to get a proper windows version ??

What window are you using did it come with ubuntu ??

No Events found!