Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

April 9th, 2008 20:00

Sigmatel audio - cracks and pops in sound after installing Vista SP1

I have an XPS M1210 laptop with Sigmatel audio built in, and since I have installed the standalone Vista SP1 package, downloaded from microsoft, I hear very annoying cracks and pops in the sound of my laptop. I have tried uninstalling the Sigmatel audio driver and using the built-in Vista HD audio driver, which made it better, but didn't stop the problem. I have also tried uninstalling SP1, but it didn't help. The latest Vista audio driver, that DELL offers for my sistem is from January 2007.

1 Message

December 18th, 2009 21:00

I have the same problem and from researching this I see that LOTS of people have this.

I just can't seem to find ONE person who knows how to remedy the problem.

When I bough this I bought a really nice surround sound set and stuff so I could really enjoy my music.

Now it just gets me po'd and bummed

I have a 410 XPS and it did it with Vista and it also does it with Win 7. It's pretty not usable...any suggestions at all...

Anyone?

HELP!!!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

December 19th, 2009 05:00

"I just can't seem to find ONE person who knows how to remedy the problem."

That is probably because there are so many different causes for audio noise. There is no one solution for all. See the thread Choppy/Skipping Audio Workarounds for many of the solutions for Dell laptop computers. if 410XPS is a desktop you might try posting on the Desktop Audio Board (this is the Laptop Audio Board).

No Events found!