Go to Solution

July 31st, 2012 09:00

Sound Driver for Windows 7 on Dell vostro 1400 with 100% work

Sound Driver for Windows 7 on Dell vostro 1400 with 100% work

Instruction

After Installing Windows 7 on your Dell vostro 1400

1. Go to the Device Manager and uninstall existing sound driver
  2. Install Registry File
  3. Install Downloaded Sound Driver (SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio)
  4. Restart Your Dell vostro 1400

Enjoy!

For Sound Driver http://downloads.dell.com/audio/R171786.exe

For Registry File(size 69kb only) mail me @

1 Message

March 2nd, 2015 04:00

Dear Sir,

Please send me one registry file for audio driver (Sigmatel).

my email id - <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

1 Message

March 30th, 2015 09:00

Dear Sir,

Please send me one registry file for audio driver (Sigmatel).

my email id - <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

July 31st, 2012 11:00

Hi Rajesh Ale,

Welcome to the Community.

It is great to see that you have posted a fix for the sound driver issues on Dell vostro 1400. Thank you and it would definitely help our Customers who would be looking for a fix for the same issue.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Swapnajan_MC

Dell Social Media Responder

https://twitter.com/DellCares

http://www.facebook.com/Dell

1 Message

August 10th, 2012 12:00

hi....can u email me registry file...i really need it coz my lappy sound is not working..thanks n best regard..

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 10th, 2012 13:00

...can u email me registry file...

This is my method of installing a Vista driver into Windows 7. The driver adds the necessary Registry entries.

Download the Sigmatel driver package R171786. This is the Vista audio driver for the Vostro 1400. It is for both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.

Extract the files (unzip or unpack) but cancel the installation process. Go to the hard drive to
c:\Dell\Drivers\R171786 (This is the folder that is created when you unpack the download. It contains the driver files.)
Right click on setup.exe and select Properties. Find the compatibility tab to select Vista.

my lappy sound is not working

If your audio is not working and installing the audio driver does not help, see the "No Audio" FAQ.

August 13th, 2012 04:00

I have uploaded registry file at 4shared

just follow this link

http://www.4shared.com/rar/wbSAkxvz/Win_7.html

thanks

December 4th, 2012 19:00

Thank you very much Rajesh for giving such great instructions and supplying the registry file!  You have answered my last 4 hours of searching the net to find this fix where I graciously thank you so much for doing this!  :emotion-2:

March 10th, 2013 09:00

Hi Rajesh,

I am currently facing this problem where my Vostro 1400 is not giving any sound output at all.

Here is my case details:

1. Fresh install windows 8

2. Installed Intel Chipset drivers

3. Installed Sigmatel Sound driver

When I play some media, it shows that windows is producing sound in the sound volume mixer , but nothing came out of the speakers. I have tried uninstalling sound driver, run with vista compatibility mode but still not working. The other solutions suggest to install Dell System Software first, however since I am using windows 8 it won't install at all. Will you share with me the registry file? Seems like the link you posted in 4shared got blocked.

Thank you for your help.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 10th, 2013 11:00

run with vista compatibility mode but still not working. The other solutions suggest to install Dell System Software first,

If you installed the Sigmatel Vista driver R171786 into 8 by using Vista compatibility mode then you don't need the System Software. It should be working. Have you tried listening through headphones or external speakers to see if the audio signal  is getting as far as the headphone jack?

March 11th, 2013 06:00

So I don't need the system software as I installed the Sigmatel Vista driver R171786 on Vista compatibility mode right? Unfortunately it is still not working. The jack do produce output but the speaker won't give any sound at all.

Tried uninstall, restart, reinstall, restart, still no hope..

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 11th, 2013 07:00

If you are getting sound through the headphone jack then your Sigmatel driver is working okay. You could have a hardware issue called sense pin failure. See the Headphone Jack FAQ for a description of the problem and how to diagnose and fix it.

March 11th, 2013 11:00

Hello Third Farial and all,

Since the link by Rajesh got taken done, I've re-uploaded his work here:

www.mediafire.com

I'm not sure how long it will stay up but in the meantime, hopefully it will fix it as I know how frustrating it is not to have your speakers work so wanted to pay forward the help I received.  

Good luck!

March 16th, 2013 11:00

Hi Michael_Ngo

Thank you for the files. The registry did the magic! The speaker produces sound as normal now. Thank you so much!

Now I'll keep the registry as top priority backup file.... :)

March 16th, 2013 17:00

Hi Third,

Awesome to hear it helped!  I know what you mean about keeping it as a back up as I'm doing the same.  Really nice of Rajesh to have originally made the package.  Take care!

1 Message

April 10th, 2013 07:00

Hi Michael...the file has been deleted...

can you pls email me the Registry File???

my email address is <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

Thank you very much~

No Events found!