Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 23:00

Speakers no longer work after upgrade to windows 10

I currently have an alienware 17 R2 and after updating to windows 10 the internal speakers on my laptop do not appear to be functional. I have also tried to use headphones with my laptop and those also would not work with my device. If anyone has advice as to how I could fix this problem that would be great. thanks

1 Message

August 5th, 2015 22:00

Hello!

Have you installed the Realtek Audio Driver? I did while playing with 10, and it overdrove the sound circuitry, With my warranty now expired (which wasn't much good for me to get the 3135 touchpad issue fixed, anyway), I had to change drivers.

It works best on the stock driver, but no matter what I did, it always reverted back to the Realtek driver. Since I have an older USB-to-serial cable, I need to 'roll back' to the old driver for IT, also, but 10 won't let you.

For that and other reasons, I restored my 8/1 Pro MCE from a backup, and will forego 10 until they resolve the many issues that still remain with it. Since we never got our touchpads fixed, I don't expect the 10 audio driver issue to be fixed, either. This is my very last Dell...

No Events found!