Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

July 24th, 2010 09:00

Studio 1747 TV Tuner Jack

I have recently purchased a Studio 1747 laptop and noticed that it has a tv tuner jack built into the side of the case. upon opening the back panel I have a port on the motherboard for tv tuner. it is the same size of the wireless n 6200 from intel. I know that card is a half-height card and the tv tuner card that will go in this laptop also needs to be a half-height mini card.  I have yet to find a place to purchase a tv tuner card for this laptop. after spending many many hours on the phone talking to many different people from dell, after which i have been told by a dell employee that i must now know what i am talking about. i decided that the dell employees they higher have zero pc experience. none what so ever.  All i am looking for is for someone any to tell me where i can buy a tv tuner card half-height for my laptop so i can get it hooked up. dell apparently dont even know what type of laptops they sale anymore and are all about making money not about dealing with computers.

thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 24th, 2010 10:00

Have you tried EBay?  They're not sold separately from new systems - so they're rarely found except there.

Otherwise, there are plenty of Express Card and USB tuners sold at retail, such as:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100045

10 Posts

March 20th, 2015 17:00

Hi. I know that your post is several years past now but I wonder if you managed to find the TV tuner card, half size as you describe? Because I have the same problem. I have a Dell Studio 1747 with an empty slot for the TV card but have spent hours on the net trying to find one that is correct. I bought, by mistake, an AverMedia card but it is the full size and obviously will not fit. Yes there are so many useless people out there who are supposed to know what they are talking about but just waste your time with wrong, uninformed information. If anyone else reads this request and can help me find the correct card. the half height version, I'd be very grateful to them. Regards, 747spokes. 

No Events found!