Highlighted
scorpion6568
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

Thank you.  This worked perfectly.  I wonder why Dell does not have this posted this on the Choppy/Skipping Audio workaround,  the answer posted here would have saved me several hours of  searching for the answer.

S:emotion-12:

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

I wonder why Dell does not have this posted this on the Choppy/Skipping Audio workaround

I have made a new Choppy/Skipping Audio Workaround FAQ and it now includes mao.tsetung's solution.

(I edited this reply on 8-25-12.)

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
ummagumma12
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have just downloaded and installed the file suggested by  mao.tsetung.

It has fixed the problem on my Dell Inspiron 1750 Laptop running Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.

Interestingly the driver is a month older but I now have version 10.6 of Intel Rapid Storage Technology, it was 8.2.

I have just run Windows update and it said a update was available for  Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

Release date June 2011 published 13/10/2011 this was about when my sound problem started, so I would say that there is a good chance that this is the BAD update! Take note DELL.

I have hidden this update and will be much more careful what I choose to accept.

Many thanks again mao.tsetung your help is much appreciated.

Ummagumma12

Comfortably Numb [H]

0 Kudos
atout001
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Jimco,

so I understand it well, there is no solution for the moment on XPS L502X?

And you said that there are some topics on this problem, is it possible for you to link them for me please.

Thank man

0 Kudos
Micah W_PCD
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Try uninstalling Dell Support Center and see if you get any improvement.

What would Dell Support Center have to do with this?  Please explain.  If this application is not open, then there are no background processes or services pertaining to Dell Support Center which could be causing a conflict. 
0 Kudos
Telekinesiz
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just noticed that the secret partition with the factory restoration data is updating some drivers by himself, i mean, the text says that my secret partition is updating some elements so, maybe that's the explanation Jim. The restore data updates his codecs so when you run this application, what you get  it's not a "factory status" but an updated status.

0 Kudos
Mykolas
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have Alienware m14x and I'm facing the same problem. Do you thing mao.tsetung suggestion will work? Can i still download it?

Thanks guys for any kind of information

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

on XPS L502X? And you said that there are some topics on this problem, is it possible for you to link them for me please.

I put links to the XPS threads in this thread.

The solutions for all models are now in Choppy/Skipping Audio Workarounds

[I edited this reply on 8-25-12]

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

I just noticed that the secret partition with the factory restoration data is updating some drivers by himself, i mean, the text says that my secret partition is updating some elements so, maybe that's the explanation Jim.

Maybe it is, thanks. I have never heard of that happening. It is really unfortunate if the Dell Factory Image Restore partitiont is upgrading drivers because the whole point of it is to be able to return to the exact configuration as when it left the factory, as the name implies. That is not just to have a known good configuration but also because it is an important diagnostics tool.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Telekinesiz,

I would say it is safe to say, that the Restore Partition Does NOT update. One it is a hidden Partition, and it takes a certain Key function and stage of PC to activate it. And MS has NO Control Over the Restore Partition, it CANNOT update for the fact that is is in a Zipped format hence it cannot update to compressed form. Usually it is "wim" format. Which is Windows Compressed format to Super Compress Large Files. So for the Update Service to try install updates is Highly Impossible to do. And it would be a violation Against Dell's © Copywright for MS to try and Update Dell's Software (DataSafe). But it is worthy and interesting if something or some app trying to access this hidden partition......

Good Luck My Friend,

Mick Barker Sr.

A+ Technician
Certified Help Desk Support Technician

0 Kudos