Jump to solution

This Link can help you Identify your driver:

www.intel.com/.../cs-009482.htm

0 Kudos
ribbitluv
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

Thank you!  hopefully, I will get this fixed tonight.

0 Kudos
bzback
1 Copper

Jump to solution

"If you read my previous post you will see that I have read this entire thread and every thread that was linked from this one and I have attempted to get to the Intel download center via every single link that was posted in this thread to be able to get the updated driver to fix this.  However every single time I click on any of the links, just like the one you provided above, it directs me to Intel's download center, but instead of having the driver page it says "Page Not Found" and requests that I check to make sure I have the correct link or to search the site.  Which I have done and am still unable to find the correct driver update.  Is there a different place to get this driver than the outdated links from this thread?"

I'm having the exact same problem. The links no longer work.

The link:

downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx

Always comes up with corrupted file no matter how many times I try to install it.

I've been looking for a solution and I was hoping this was it but it'sback to pulling hair out...

0 Kudos
yesmonkee
2 Bronze

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ribbitluv
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone on this thread for their help.  I was able to load the correct driver and it fixed my husband's laptop.

0 Kudos
hootsh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It identified the driver and my laptop refused it; it gave me an error during the installation. LOL :S

A friend of mine has the same laptop and no such problems, I will get his drivers and try to see if they work.

0 Kudos
hootsh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

By "it" I mean the intel website.

0 Kudos
Brenda1966
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It appears that windows wants to install that same driver again on my dell!  Intel- storage - intel (R) ICH9M - E/M SATA AHCI Controller - released June 2011 and published 10/13/2011.

Is this driver going to continue to haunt me and cause problems?!  How will I know which windows updates to allow to install and which to reject?  I used to let them all install. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Brenda,

No you will not be haunted by this update, simply go to Windows Updates, Check the Box on this update, Right Click and Choose "Hide Update". Done, this update will not appear again. Hope this helps you.

Mick Barker Sr.

A+ Technician

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Brenda,

As Far as which updates to allow, I usually allow all Important or Critical Updates, and Choose Manually which "Optional Updates" To Allow to Update, My Machine.

Mick Barker Sr.

0 Kudos