Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2017 21:00

Suffering from dead laptop of dell inspiron 15 7560

Normally use for study. But one day it doesnt work until so far I bought it from China . Now i amin australia newcastle region. What should I do to fix it? Warranty maintained now.

2K Posts

May 26th, 2017 22:00

Hi ZHANG XIAOLIANG,

Does the system power button led come on and stay on or does it go off after a few minutes? Do you hear the fans / HDD come on? Is there any damage / liquid spillage on the system?

If the system powers on, check if there is any specific led pattern being displayed as per this article- http://dell.to/2r6aa5w

Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed?  Could you test with another power adapter if possible? 

Does the adapter led stay on and stable or does it go off when connected to the system?

Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Then test the system with the adapter only / battery only.

Please check if there is any damage on the machine. Check if all the ports on the machine are fine or misaligned. Sometimes if the pins in the USB ports are touching each other, they are known to cause many issues on the machine.

Press and hold the fn key + power button to turn on the system and it should initiate the diagnostics - check for any possible beep codes.

Run the LCD bist - Turn off the system and press and hold the "D" key + power button to turn on the system and it should run the LCD built in self test - see this link for more info - http://dell.to/1SkXNrG

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records. If the system has active international warranty, we can have it repaired as per the warranty type.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!