Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

October 26th, 2017 17:00

The Intel(R) Management Engine Interface is being reset.

Hi

While I try to repair my laptop from randomly freezing and low responsiveness, I found this advertisement in my event manager

(every some seconds)

The Intel(R) Management Engine Interface is being reset.

I downloaded intel driver updater, but after clicking on "run" nothing happened.

I am not very tech-savvy.

Any idea on how to handle this issue?

Thanks

• 

16.7K Posts

October 27th, 2017 06:00

Chrisadell,

Please provide your system model number as well as the OS installed. Install the chipset drivers first and then try installing the The Intel(R) Management Engine Interface.

Support.dell

134 Posts

Hi

Thanks

Inspiron 3437

Windows 10 (Creators)

I downloaded the Intel driver from Intel, but how do I install the chipset driver?

134 Posts

Okay, found the link for the chipset driver. Will try this.

Thanks

134 Posts

Question please, after I downloaded the zip file, what am I supposed to do?

I tried to unpack it inside explorer, but this froze my laptop. (I have an issue with freezing en.community.dell.com/.../20022883 )

Maybe it wasn't the right way to do it.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 27th, 2017 07:00

Chrisadell,

If your system is freezing you can run the diagnostics by starting the computer and Tap F12 during startup
Select Diagnostics.

Troubleshooting System Lock Ups or Freezes

If there is no hardware failure report you should restore the system to the factory image. 

Factory reset, restore, or reinstall Microsoft Windows on a Dell computer

134 Posts

October 27th, 2017 07:00

Hi thanks

I had performed the F12 diag and it found no issues, except the dead battery not being present.

If I can avoid, I would like not to do a factory reset or even windows reinstall, because I would lose all my programs and drivers; It would be a whole me*ss to find everything and reinstall.

Could you please tell me how to install the drivers from the zip files I downloaded?

Thanks

134 Posts

October 27th, 2017 13:00

However I wonder if I should not install rather the most recent driver version available at Intel.

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Management-Engine-Consumer-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i3DN

I downloaded it, but I have no idea how to install it.

134 Posts

October 27th, 2017 13:00

I finally updated the drivers, and this error message disappeared.

That's the good news.

The bad news is it's become even slower than before *sigh*

Thanks for your help.

• 

16.7K Posts

October 30th, 2017 10:00

Chrisadell,

To install the driver you can click to download the file. It should save to a folder. Make note of where it is saved to. Then open the downloaded folder and run the setup file within the folder. You can choose where to save it. Maybe choose the Desktop as the location.

134 Posts

October 30th, 2017 12:00

Thank you.

I was able to install it.

Then next, windows defender alerts me that the same driver is not up to date and wants to install its version. So, I updated it again through windows defender.

Next, I get a new warning inside event manager, that the engin stopped working or something.

I update the driver again from the dell website, and then get a new warning from windows defender, that this driver needs to be updated,

and so on...

Not sure what to do

No Events found!