Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2012 19:00

Touch pad disable on Inspiron 1501

Same problem but different computer Inspiron 1501 running Vista Having severe problems writing posts, letters ect because of an oversensitive touch pad. I do my pointing with a USB mouse. I have gone into device manager. No touchpad is listed only a PS 2  and a HID. mouse I read where Vista is treating the Pad as a Ps2 device so I tried  disabeling them in turn. I disabled the HID and that stopped my mouse. Enabled it and tried disableding the PS2 It directs me to restart the computer but when I do it reinstalls the PS2 drivers..Please how can I disable that infernal and to me useless touch pad.. It should not be this hard!!!!!

7 Posts

December 27th, 2012 04:00

Thanks for a solution. As I type this there is no pad input. . What a relief . Thanks again!

41 Posts

December 27th, 2012 04:00

What are the tabs under mouse?

You can use a different software to ensure that the touch-pad is not interfering when you are typing, use Touch Freeze which can do that work. 

565 Posts

December 25th, 2012 19:00

Hi reddkard,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to install the touch-pad drivers:

1. Install the touch-pad driver and restart the computer.
  2. Click Control Panel (classical view).
  3. Click Mouse and click Touch-pad Tab (if available).
  4. Click Devices.
  5. Under Devices there should be an option to disable Touch-Pad.

Please post the results.

7 Posts

December 26th, 2012 01:00

Thank you for your prompt reply  I followed instructions step by st ep  The symantech had two drivers only the firxt one listed confirmed installationthe first one installed I them went to the control panel and found no mention either in mouse and pointin decices and nothing recognizable as a touch pad in devices. Now how do I tell if the touchpad driver really installed, why would only one of the two install and what might I do next. Im about ready to eithr cut the wires to the touch pad or tape it over.

No Events found!