Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 6th, 2013 21:00

Touchpad/Mouse sensitivity and speed.

Hello. I have recently purchased an Inspiron 5521 15R, and so far am very happy with it. However, I am finding it hard to find how to adjust the touchpad/mouse speed/sensitivity (the speed /distance per swipe/touch at which the cursor travels across the screen etc). I always used to have the sensitivity to my taste in windows OS7 & Vista, and found the control panel to do so easily, with OS8 I cannot find how to do it. I am obviously missing something, even tho I have seached everywhere I can think to look to alter it. Any help at all would be very much appreciated and helpful. Thank you in advance.

October 7th, 2013 02:00

Hi VonSader

I’d be glad to assist you regarding the same, in order to use the options to set the Touchpad / Mouse sensitivity please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Control Panel in the search box, tapping or clicking Apps, and then tapping or clicking Control Panel.
2. Select option Mouse or Pointing devices or you can type in Mouse in search box.
3. Change the speed sensitivity accordingly and as shown in the picture below.

Let us know if this helps.

5 Posts

October 7th, 2013 08:00

Thank you for your advice which showed me how to acces the control panels that I might need from time to time, that right hand swipe is more useful than I realised. Unfortunately it seem's the touchpad doesn't want to have its setting changed to 'fast' even though I 'applied' & saved setting and restarted. That said, if and when I choose to use a mouse, I will know how to alter its settings, so thank you for that, which I'm sure will help at some point.

October 8th, 2013 07:00

Hi VonSader,

Thank you for your response, appreciate that you’ve tried the mentioned steps and please reply us if you’ve any issues in future and we’ll be glad to assist.

No Events found!