Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2013 12:00

Touchpad scrolling on E6430 with Windows 8.1

Dear Dell,

I recently installed Windows 8.1 x64 on my Dell Latitude E6430 with all the Dell drivers from the Dell webpage. After installation everything is fine, but the scroll does not work on my touchpad. My driver version is 8.1200.101.134 but in the touchpad settings the "Scroll & Zoom" section is missing as you can see below:

Every other gestures are working, like pinch zoom, except the vertical and horizontal scroll. But the strangest thing is on the task bar the touch pad icon seems to be right, it shows that I'm touching the side of the touch pad:  .

What can I do to get back my good old scrolling?

1 Message

February 24th, 2015 00:00

1. Go to Program Files -> DellTpad -> DellTPad.exe

2. Then Select Single Finger Gestures.

19 Posts

September 22nd, 2016 14:00

See if you have this file. This executable allows you to enable single finger (right edge of touchpad) scrolling (which I prefer), but, as I just found out, it goes away and needs to be reapplied after a windows update. Store it somewhere where you will find it next time! ;)

1) Go into c:\program files\DellTPad\

2) In this dir I have

a)  DellTouchpad.exe: this is the app called from control panel whose picture you posted.

b)  DellTPad.exe alternate utility to set touchpad setting. When launching this I have this option (translating into english) "one finger actions/multi-finger actions", and then it allows you to set single finger vertical/horizontal scrolling.

No Events found!