Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 1st, 2016 06:00

Trying to reinstall Dell Vostro 3500 with Windows 7 32-bit

Hi,
I'm reinstalling my dell vostro 3500 notebook (2010) because it was really slow and refused to start many programs. I received CD's with the device when I bought it, so I installed windows 7 with it and now I'm trying to install the drivers, using the "How to manually reinstall Windows 7 on a Dell computer?" article to make sure I do it in the right order. I have some problems and questions on which I can't find the answers.

The first problem I had was trying to find the Dell System Software. The article states it's really important, but it's not on the CD. I read somewhere that not all Dell notebooks need it, so I assumed my didn't and I moved on to the next. I hope this is correct?

When reading the rest of the list, I noticed that many things are not on my CD or that the names differ and I can only guess if I'm actually installing the driver I have to at a certain point. It's a general Windows 7 article of course, so I went to the Product Support page for my laptop (entered service tag) to see which drivers I need. But this list is awfully short! It only contains 7 files. Nothing for audio, video, touchpad...

Turning back to the CD, it shows a whole list of drivers (which differ from the windows 7 article) and less than half of them show a checkmark in front of them. After trying a few, I noticed that only the one with the checkmarks can be installed on my lapto. Although I'm specifically showing the list for Vostro 3500 with Windows 7 32-bit. Again, this makes no sense at all?!

Conclusion: I have NO idea which drivers I need, where to find this complete list and in what order to install them. Now I only have a windows 7 laptop with no wifi-possibilities, hardly any HD space and the worst resolution ever, together with some CD's which seem to be utterly useless.

Can someone please help me?
Thanks a lot!

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 1st, 2016 07:00

Use your Service Tag # to help with knowing the original hardware.

http://support.dell.com   for the latest drivers

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 1st, 2016 08:00

I can't help you, because I see a whole bunch of files when I go look for Windows 7 32-bit drivers for the Vostro 3500

I suggest trying a different web browser.

4 Posts

"so I went to the Product Support page for my laptop (entered service tag) to see which drivers I need. But this list is awfully short! It only contains 7 files. Nothing for audio, video, touchpad..."

I did that and it doesn't help me at all

4 Posts

so I went to the Product Support page for my laptop (entered service tag) to see which drivers I need. But this list is awfully short! It only contains 7 files. Nothing for audio, video, touchpad...

No Events found!