Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 06-29-2013 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

URGENT HELP REQUIRED

i got a laptop Dell inspiron N4050 and it's running really well, until I noticed yesterday that the fan has stopped and my laptop has been heating up and turning off immediately.

I pressed F12 while booting up my laptop and ran the diagnostics on my laptop and came out with this Error.

error code: 2000-0511

validation: 65371

i also found another error while checking hard drive 

error code: 2000-0142

validation: 47076

Please help, i do not have my warranty anymore.

Replies (3)
Dell Technologies

Hi Maryam Sweety,

Thank you for your reply.

Generally error 2000-0142 indicates a failed hard drive.

If the hard drive has not failed already, it may fail shortly. Luckily, since it is working fine right now, I would request you to back up all important data from your computer to an external storage device to avoid losing data.

Please feel free to contact us in case of further queries. We would be happy to help.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

but my hard drive is working properly . i just found this error msg while i ran diagnostics on my laptop

Dell Technologies

Hi Maryam Sweety,

Unfortunately, both these error codes indicate hardware failure.

Error Code 2000-0511 means it is a fan failure and needs a replacement.

Error Code 2000-0142 means it is a hard drive failure and that too needs to be replaced.

Since the system is out of warranty, you need to  contact our Expired Warranty Support Department by clicking on the link below, if you are based in the US.

http://dell.to/12LmNBq

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor