jackzxx
1 Copper

Update Bios From A03 to A13 M6400

I just bought a Dell Precision M6400 and plan to install Windows Seven. I think I read (somewhere on the internet) I could have a problem installing it because the current Bios is A03. The current Dell Bios is A13. Will I have a problem?

If yes.Please point me in the right direction.  How do I update the Bios before installing Windows Seven? I am guessing I could download A13 from here:  downloads.dell.com/.../precision-m6400.htmlhttp://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/precision-m6400.html   

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Update Bios From A03 to A13 M6400

Hi, 

That's the right link. The first one under BIOS is A13.

Its okay to upgrade the BIOS first and then install windows.

Regards

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

jackzxx
1 Copper

OR: Could I install Windows 7 first and then go to Dell and update the BIOS and Drivers in the Windows environment? (easier)

Is it better to first DL the A13 BIOS to a CD using a different computer and then update before installing Windows? Is there an instruction for this?

I've only updated BIOS directly while in Windows at the Dell Site. 

0 Kudos

Hi,
Install the windows 7 first, then update the bios from support site.
Download a copy of the BIOS and network drivers onto a CD (burn them onto disc) and post windows 7 installation you can install the bios and network drivers.

Regards

DELL-Hemalatha P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

jackzxx
1 Copper

Thanks Dell-Hema,

I can do it either way then. Seems easier to just install Windows 7 and then go to Dell and update the drivers and BIOS using their Detect System without having to burn a CD. 

Good. Cheers, Jack

0 Kudos