Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 1st, 2017 20:00

Using laptop without integrated monitor.

Hello community:
I started the year with this issue. The right hinge of the integrated monitor of my Inspiron 7537 is detached, the plastic part where the screws are attached is broken. I want to repair this, but in case it has no solution, I'm considering to operate my system without the monitor, just connecting an external HDMI monitor an use it has principal monitor. That's my idea, it's like turning my laptop into a desktop PC.
The question is: can I operate my laptop without the monitor?
I just want to be sure if this will not cause performance problems or electrical issues. The power cable of the monitor and the webcam will be disconnected from the motherboard, and also the Wi-Fi card because the antenna is stuck to the display, but I plan to move that antenna.
That's my doubt.

Thanks and happy new year.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 2nd, 2017 15:00

The system will not complete POST without a working display attached to it -- there is no way to bypass the beeps and get the system running.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 2nd, 2017 04:00

The system won't POST without a working display attached.

21 Posts

Ok, well, I'll have to put back the monitor. Thanks.

21 Posts

I read about people using their laptops just with external monitor, removing the integrated one, but in my case I hear 8 beeps, which are related to screen issues, obviously because I removed the screen.

But I don't know how to solve this, or is the bios made for doesn't allow to use the system if the integrated monitor is not connected?

Someone knows how to solve this?

No Events found!